Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
Involving a girl I am pursuing, I ran into her in the mosh pit at Chevelle, literally, the last place in the world I would expect to see her and the last place in the world that she would expect to see me. I went there to forget about her. When she saw me she had a look of shock on her face, said" Oh my God" and put her hand up to her mouth. I don't know if her reaction was good or bad but I know she will never see me in the same light again. I had seen her previously a few nights before while I was dressed very elegantly in expensive clothing.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by rick1138
I had seen her previously a few nights before while I was dressed very elegantly in expensive clothing.
Ahhh! Very good all lovebirds on this forum Elegant expensive clothing, exactly what a girl want to see :) (you must be aware of the suit syndrome :P)

Now where is MY prince charming??

We need a relationship discussion forum. So who's next to spill their problems? :smile:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Monique
And how can "There's nothing free in this world babe, what do I get out of it?" be a good comment?? No matter HOW you say it, it sounds very cocky and too self confident and too mocking and too lame.

I know someone who talk like that and thinks he is all that, but it makes him look like an immature dork.
But if you say "There's no free lunch" You can see her reactionto it, then when you realize she either dosent understand or dosent like your comment you can contiune to say, so let me buy you some

Originally posted by Hurkyl
We need a relationship discussion forum. So who's next to spill their problems? :smile:

I'm surprised so many people are talking about this on a PF. Take that sterotypes!

Aren't we nerds more likely to have troubles? :wink:

Originally posted by Hurkyl
Aren't we nerds more likely to have troubles? :wink:
nerds? are there nerds in here? nooo, we just have more empathy :)

yea us nerds (although i consider my self to be an outcast because i don't have a lot of initative... oh and i can't spell) may have more problems but i would think that we dotn haev the answers

I sent her a bag of chocolate for xmas. Delivered by the school people to classes. Wrote a msg for her too. Happy xmas. from me.

It's easier to solve other people's problems. :frown:

personaly no matter how bad i liked soemoen i couldent resit the laugh of sending a bag of poo, or fake poo with like a ha bet you thought it was poo card in it

Killer move Prudens.

bad or good?

i just told her she look pretty today,

and she was like hahah, that's real nice of you saying that.

wait an uneasy laugh or a hahaha,can't let my feeilings show laugh

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
i just told her she look pretty today,

and she was like hahah, that's real nice of you saying that.
You're Soooooo romantic, hehe.
Ok, let's get down to the nitty gritty; have you gone over to her house yet, or has the offer been postponed?

Also, have you ever heard of the BoBo Bolinski technique?

Originally posted by twizted1
I think he'd be too mortified at having her sitting in the same room with him and only him...He'd be too worried about what she'd think if he so much as breathed wrong to think about making a move...or he'd be running to his computer every few mins to ask us for advice.. "Uhmm she said hi...what do i say now?"..."she looked at me"..."she touched my arm..."..."oh my gawd i think she tried to make a move on me..."

How about going somewhere public? For instance, since it's Christmas time there are bound to be some sort of concert playing, they can go to one of them. Or perhaps a double, or group, date?

but when you go out on a group date make sure to get some really ugly freinds of yours to go so you know you look better compared to them

Originally posted by BoulderHead
You're Soooooo romantic, hehe.
Ok, let's get down to the nitty gritty; have you gone over to her house yet, or has the offer been postponed?

Also, have you ever heard of the BoBo Bolinski technique?

she told me her daddy will fix it... didn't say anything else... [b(]

and umm, yea xmas, i am planning a group date with my junior and senior friends... but i really don't know if she has interest in me or ... just using me :frown:

Hmmm, it sounds like you may have not acted swiftly enough and lost a chance to go over to her house. Since her daddy is fixing the computer instead of you, I'm wondering why you are thinking about being used?
Anyway, you may be in need of some using.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by BoulderHead
Hmmm, it sounds like you may have not acted swiftly enough and lost a chance to go over to her house. Since her daddy is fixing the computer instead of you, I'm wondering why you are thinking about being used?
Anyway, you may be in need of some using.

... We agreed on Saturday... only Thursday today... and she said nothing about her house at school.

btw, i don't think her dad will be back until next week.

Then the very next time you see her it might be a good idea to tell her how pretty she is again, and how much you're looking forward to Sat. :wink:

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
... We agreed on Saturday... only Thursday today... and she said nothing about her house at school.

btw, i don't think her dad will be back until next week.

hrmmm...dad's gone...shes askin you over to her house...hrmm...makes you wonder...<sarcasm> yeah I think she's usin you man! </sarcasm> DUDE TAKE A HINT! of course if you had taken it to begin with you wouldn't be in this situation. Just be blunt with her "hey i think yer kinda cute...what you doing this weekend? want to go *insert random NON-movie FUN thing here*?" and if she says no and gives you an excuse ask her when she'd like to go, if she flat turns you down her loss...there's other girls out there, and she knows it. If she doesn't like you some other girl will...

-Ty

getting closer to the 100 pages mark, almost a quarter of the way there! I am not dissing you or anyone else cos they have some really good advice but maybe you should go on your own instincts at some point. Have a spur of the moment time when you decide what YOU want to do. Obviously you know the situation better than us, cos if you have been reading the body language, that helps a hell of a lot more than words. Just act soon cos (to be a hypocrit and give advice!) it sounds like she is losing patience (her dad is going to fix the computer/you haven't gone to her house/you haven't noticed the big sign over her head which says "i love you Prudens"

Originally posted by jimmy p
getting closer to the 100 pages mark, almost a quarter of the way there!
you haven't noticed the big sign over her head which says "i love you Prudens"

DOH! a big sign over her head? where did i miss that post??

she's done everything but hold up a sign that says "im yours...take me prudens..." she has poked...prodded...pushed...hinted...invited...asked...questioned...ya...and you still havn't took the hint...so take the hint and go out on a limb! take jimmyp (the great revolution leader)'s advice make some decisions on your own...decide what YOU want to do...but most of all take the damn hint already...she DOES...ok DID like you...and that's waning now...so go for it while she's still interested...

-Ty

Originally posted by jimmy p
it sounds like she is losing patience (her dad is going to fix the computer/you haven't gone to her house/you haven't noticed the big sign over her head which says "i love you Prudens"
I haven't studied psychology but actually, I just realized that the reason she is saying her dad will fix it for her is because you have not been very helpfull to her, this way she is trying to safe HER face, that she really doesn't need you (although she wants you).

I would be the same, if I ask someone to do something and they say oh wait, a minute, later, maybe.. I'd say: 'You know what? I'll do it myself!'

Pruden,
Hi

How old are you and this girl? I don't know how you males work, but the more I hang out with a guy whom I think is cute, the clearer it becomes to whether or not I like him or not. Most girls like to be with guys for their personality, because it is their personality that makes them hot or not.

So, you got to spend more time with her. You're not going to get anywhere if you guys don't hang out and have FUN. Girls like guys that aren't just "romantic" but are FUN too.

Best advice to you is to think of things to do, hang out with her, and have lots of fun. And be crazy too, some girls dig that.

Don't overdo anything though, what girl would like a guy that is annoying. Play the game smart - give a little take a little.

They are in their mid-teens - they already know each other fairly well through school. Prudens already has her heart, all he has to do know is ask her out.

Ahhh... good ole kids

So here's one

Attachments

• hi_jennifer.jpg
    hi_jennifer.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 367
She said she didn't get the candy..., but people said she got it... And when I try to catch up to her to talk after school, she tries to end the conversation really fast... I don't really want to "bother" her if she don't want me to bother :\

I guess this is the end, thanks for the help guys.

Take those mistakes you did here, Correct them on the Next girl. So the next time your soulmate comes along, you won't be too timid to say "Hi Caprice, I'd like to take you out sometime, what's your home phone number?"

awh... nooo! we need a "and they lived happily ever after"

:frown:

How about, he learns from these mistakes, finds a new (even hotter) girl and lives HAPPILY EVER AFTER? lol. Tut tut, i think that everyone should post an 'I told you so' post.

I guess this is the end, thanks for the help guys.

Nah, just the end of the first round. Her actions are typical of a shy girl. You have done nothing wrong. What you do need to do is ignore her for a while and chase other women - and if you find someone better - so be it.

<h2>1. What are conflicted feelings?</h2><p>Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.</p><h2>2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?</h2><p>High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.</p><h2>3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?</h2><p>It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.</p><h2>4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?</h2><p>Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.</p><h2>5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?</h2><p>The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.</p>

1. What are conflicted feelings?

Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.

2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?

High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.

3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?

It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.

4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?

Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.

5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?

The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.