Export Standardized Matlab Data Points To Excel

In summary, the conversation discusses exporting data from MATLAB to Excel and calculating mean, standard deviation, and error. The option of using the dlmwrite command or the MATLAB commands "xlswrite" and "xlsread" is mentioned.
jeeloong
Dear Experts!

I currently have a sets of data with different time interval and I plotted it into MATLAB from excel. Is there a way for me export the files or calculate the mean, standard deviation etc so that I can calculate error etc. It would be great if I could do it in Matlab.

I am try to to get the mean because I need a stable average to compared the drag coefficient of swim cap and swim cap with superhydrophobic solution. The difference will be marginally small I "predicted"

Thanks

Attachments

• StableAvg.jpg
    StableAvg.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 550
Physics news on Phys.org
For what it's worth, there are also the Matlab commands "xlswrite" and "xlsread" that write/read data to Excel.

Related to Export Standardized Matlab Data Points To Excel

1. What is the process for exporting standardized Matlab data points to Excel?

The process for exporting standardized Matlab data points to Excel involves first organizing the data in Matlab and then using the built-in "xlswrite" function to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet. This function allows for customization of the output format and can handle large amounts of data.

2. Can I export all types of data from Matlab to Excel?

Yes, the "xlswrite" function can export all types of data that can be stored in a Matlab variable, including numeric, character, and cell arrays. However, it is important to note that the output format in Excel may vary depending on the data type.

3. How can I ensure that my data is standardized before exporting to Excel?

To standardize your data before exporting to Excel, you can use built-in Matlab functions such as "mean", "std", and "zscore" to calculate the mean, standard deviation, and z-score of your data. This will help to normalize the data and make it more easily comparable in Excel.

4. Are there any limitations to exporting data from Matlab to Excel?

Yes, there are a few limitations to be aware of when exporting data from Matlab to Excel. One limitation is that the Excel spreadsheet must be closed before running the "xlswrite" function. Additionally, the number of columns in the output Excel file is limited to 256 and the total number of characters in each row is limited to 32,767.

5. Can I automate the process of exporting standardized Matlab data points to Excel?

Yes, it is possible to automate the process of exporting standardized Matlab data points to Excel using the "xlswrite" function in a Matlab script or function. This allows for repeated exporting of data without having to manually perform the steps each time.