Intimate Boyfriend(s)

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the question of whether it is acceptable to have more than one intimate boyfriend at the same time. The general consensus is that it is not inherently wrong, but can lead to complications and should be approached with caution. It is important to be honest and open with all parties involved and consider the potential consequences. The concept of sin and wrong-doing is seen as a human invention meant to control society, but can also serve to guide individuals towards a better life. Ultimately, the decision is up to the individual, but it is advised to consider the potential risks and consequences before engaging in multiple intimate relationships.
Saint
Is it ok to have >1 intimate boyfriends at the same time ?

Physics news on Phys.org
i suppose that would depend on how the felt about it. (not that you should openly ask them, because that'll likely piss them off and you lose you one or both)

I think that in most societies, the mainstream says that this is a "No-no", although I can see nothing inherently ethically wrong with it. But, it can lead to trouble, as Maximus pointed out. Many people get jealous and assume that a relationship is a one-on-one relationship.

If all people involved don't mind, then I can see nothing wrong with it.

You got to know more guys and girls in order to get the right one as your spouse.

All things are relative. There are no absolutes.

Although people hate to admit it, there is nothing natural about the concepts of sin or wrong-doing. These are human-made inventions designed for the purpose of controlling the masses. Therefore, nothing is inherently wrong.

As in mathematics, something which is is said to be wrong can only be defined once we have established a system of rules (in this ethics).

So yes, by the laws of the natural universe, it is okay for you to have >1 boyfriends at a time. That is to say there are no natural rules for which we would find conflict with such behavior. However, according to the norms of many societies, it is considered wrong. Sometimes we, as individuals, will find it difficult to be part of a larger entity and not abide by its rules.

Ultimately, the decision is yours, but be aware of the consequences.

eNtRopY

I will repeat what others have already said: It is ok so long as you are honest with all parties involved. Moving on...

You got to know more guys and girls in order to get the right one as your spouse.

Sure, but two question are now begged: Is having sexual relations with multiple would-be-spouses at the same time a good way to find the right one? If one is having two intimate relationships at the same time, are those relationships truly intimate? I would say no to both questions. If the goal is a lasting, exclusive romantic relationship, simultaneously experimenting with possible ones is irrational. So, to truly answer your question, yes, it is wrong because your methods contradict your goals.

Off topic:
So yes, by the laws of the natural universe...

There are no laws of the natural universe. An unmediated world cannot do as a reference for absolutes - even physics has its ethics, it has too. I would deny the whole fact/value dichotomy as well... Morality can be just as absolute as physics (granted, physics is far less holistic than morality - it is easier to stay on the same page, have ways to differentiate true and false statements in physics than in morality, but I would go as far as to say, with Rorty, that the statement slavery is wrong is just as absolute as Newton's theory of gravity is true).

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by eNtRopY
All things are relative. There are no absolutes.
Shouldn't this then be there are very few absolutes?

Originally posted by eNtRopY

Although people hate to admit it, there is nothing natural about the concepts of sin or wrong-doing. These are human-made inventions designed for the purpose of controlling the masses. Therefore, nothing is inherently wrong.

These are human inventions designed to make living in a civilization or society, where interaction with others is often necessary, as harmonious as possible.

Many people find the concept of sin as developed to control and make our lives more limited, but if we look at the rules set forward, we can see that following those guidelines should give us a better life.

For instance, if the relationship Saint is asking about is sexual, she should be open with each of the partners, as they should be open with her, or else there is potential for serious health risks. Let's say one is lying and telling the other that they are the only one, but they are sleeping around indescriminately, the risk of getting a deadly disease is greatly increased. It moves each of these people into a high risk group. Let's look at the sins that are involved with this situation:

1. Lying. If the person told the others they could be careful and protect themselves.

2. Fornication. No sex, no chance of passing the disease (assuming it's a sexually transmitted disease).

Like I said, the concept of sin is to make our lives better not worse.

Originally posted by Saint
Is it ok to have >1 intimate boyfriends at the same time ?

Only if everyone is aware of the situation and is in agreement with it. But even then I would not recommend it. Too dangerous (STDs), too much chaos (even 1-on-1 relationships are never simple), and too little respect for the whole intimacy thing (will set a negative trend for your life).

What is the definition of an "Intimate Boyfriend"?

An intimate boyfriend is a romantic partner who has a close and personal relationship with their significant other. This person is someone who is emotionally and physically connected to their partner and shares a level of intimacy that goes beyond just being friends or casual dating.

How do you maintain intimacy in a long-term relationship?

To maintain intimacy in a long-term relationship, it is important to communicate openly and honestly with your partner. Set aside time for each other, engage in activities together, and show affection and appreciation for one another. It is also important to continue to grow and evolve as individuals, as this allows for new experiences and conversations in the relationship.

What are the signs of a healthy and intimate relationship?

Signs of a healthy and intimate relationship include open and honest communication, mutual respect, trust, support, and a willingness to compromise and work through issues together. Physical and emotional intimacy are also important components of a healthy relationship.

How can a lack of intimacy affect a relationship?

A lack of intimacy in a relationship can lead to feelings of disconnect, loneliness, and dissatisfaction. It can also cause strain and tension between partners, as well as a decrease in overall happiness and satisfaction in the relationship. In some cases, a lack of intimacy can even lead to the breakdown of the relationship.

Can you have multiple intimate boyfriends at once?

It is possible to have multiple intimate boyfriends at once, but it is important to be honest and communicate openly with all parties involved. It is also important to consider the emotions and needs of everyone involved and to make sure all parties are comfortable and consenting to this type of relationship.