Exploring the Mathematical Concept of the Roots Chain of Shadows

In summary, the conversation revolves around the concept of a "chain of shadows" where each diagonal of a given dimension level is considered the "shadow" of the next higher dimension level. The idea is that this chain of shadows could potentially serve as a gateway between different dimensions. However, there is a disagreement on the significance and applicability of this concept, with some questioning its validity and others seeing potential connections to mathematical and physical theories. The conversation also touches on topics such as square numbers and the concept of dimensions.
Lama
Please look at the attached pdf http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/Roots-Chain.pdf .

By this model we can see that √1 is the "shadow" of √2 and √2 is the "shadow" of √3.

If we can conclude that √3 is the "shadow" of √4 ... and so on, then do you think that this "Chain of Shadows" has any mathematical/physical meaning?

Thank you,

Lama

Physics news on Phys.org
No, I don't. If you picked just about any other line with length √3, those projections would not have length √2 and √1.

But I am talking about roots which each one of them is the diagonal of its dimension level, where each n_dim diagonal is the "shadow" of n+1_dim diagonal.

Don't you see the beauity here?

We Have a chain of "shadows" between infinitely many diagonals in |N| dimension levels, isn't it?

Also my diagram in the first post is a proof without words (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ProofwithoutWords.html) of this beautiful chain of shadows.

Someone can say: "But this proof is good only for R^3, and we still need to prove/disprove it for any n>3".

In this case I think that my "chain of shadows" is an interesting question, unless you easly can disprove it.

Last edited:
Do you think that we can use this diagonals' chain of shadows as some kind of communication gateways between different dimensions.

Ok, let us say that “A chain of shadows” is a conjuncture.

Is there a possibility that there is no such a thing like a diagonal, in symmetrical elements (like a square in 2-d and a cube in 3-d), which have more then 3 dimensions?

For example in 1-dim any line-segment of length 1 is its own diagonal, but in 2-dim and 3-dim the diagonal is the result of the √ of its dimension level, and we get an irrational number, which is different then the 1-dim case.

In 4-dim we again get a natural number as the result of the diagonal length.

In short, since in all cases we are talking about a diagonal (which is the root of its dimension level), then to disprove my conjuncture we have:

1) To show that there is a clear way to conclude that diagonals which belong to dimension levels that are > 3, are not necessarily the root of their dimension.

2) To show that there are dimensions > 3 without diagonals.

If you have more ideas of how to disprove my conjuncture, then I’ll be glad to know them.

Here is again my diagram: http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/Roots-Chain.pdf

Last edited:
I sense a violation of causality in that proposition.

It is interesting, please give more details, thank you.

Maybe these facts are aslo related to this conjuncture.

Square Numbers (http://www.krysstal.com/numbers.html)

Square Numbers are integers that are the square of smaller integers. For example 4 is 22 and 9 is 32 so the first few square numbers are:

1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 121 144 169

Note that the sequence of square numbers alternates between odd and even.

Another interesting fact is that this series of square numbers can be produced by adding successive odd numbers. For example, the sum of the first two odd numbers (1, 3) is 1 + 3 = 4 (a square number). The sum of the first three odd numbers (1, 3, 5) is 9 (another sqauare). This is shown in the table below:

1 = 1
1 + 3 = 4
1 + 3 + 5 = 9
1 + 3 + 5 + 7 = 16
1 + 3 + 5 + 7 + 9 = 25
1 + 3 + 5 + 7 + 9 + 11 = 36
1 + 3 + 5 + 7 + 9 + 11 + 13 = 49
1 + 3 + 5 + 7 + 9 + 11 + 13 + 15 = 64

Last edited:
Let us take Pi for example.

We can say that Pi is no more than some irrational number that can be found in R collection.

But we think that Pi is important because it is the result of the relations between the perimeter and the diameter of a circle.

And a circle is a very important symmetrical object.

Now, if we construct some dimension level by using delta-x , delta-x,y , delta-x,y,z , delta-x,y,z,... , then in each dimension we can find the basic building-block that is constructed by the number of its deltas, where each delta is 1.

To each such a building-block, there is a diagonal, which its length is the root of the dimension level of the building-block.

From this point of view, each diagonal of some given dimension is the shadow of dimension_n+1 and we get a chain of shadows between the building-blocks of |N| dimensions.

Maybe this chain of shadows between different dimension levels can be used as some kind of a gateway (a deep invariant symmetry) between different dimensions, which are represented by N members.

Here is my diagram (again) to help you to understand my idea:http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/Roots-Chain.pdf .

What do you think?

Last edited:
Haggy (A user of another forum) said:
But in terms of your description √1 isn't just the shadow of √2 it's also the shadow of 75, 89, 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 etc. Likewise √2 need not just be the shadow of √3 but also the shadow of any number you pick.

Which means that n_dim is the shadow of n+1_dim, isn't it?

The root of each given dimansion is like the invariant symmetry which connect between |N| dimensions.

Don't you see the importence of this invariant symmetry as a gateway between |N| dimensions?

haggy said:
Not really it just means that you can project one vector onto another (which isn't very remarkable).

As for the whole dimension "issue", one can consider a 2d point (x,y) in terms of a 3d point (x,y,0) if you want to . Likewise you can do that for higher dimensions e.g. (x,y,z) --> (x,y,z,0).

I am talking about the invariant symmtery that stands in the basis of the roots of any n of |N| different dimensions.

Don't you see this invariant symmetry, and how it can maybe used as a gateway between |N| different dimensions?

(x,y,z) --> (x,y,z,0) means that the 4th dimension cannot be but constant 0, and so is x,y,z,0,0,0,... which is not a represontation of |N| free dimensional degrees.

Last edited:
You really enjoy talking to yourself, don't you?

Dear ex-xian,

I'll be glad if you join to haggy and me in http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5200

Unless you prefer to run and shout in circles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Exploring the Mathematical Concept of the Roots Chain of Shadows

1. What is the Roots Chain of Shadows?

The Roots Chain of Shadows is a mathematical concept that involves the exploration of the relationships between different types of roots in a mathematical equation. It is a visual representation of the connections between the roots and helps identify patterns and connections between them.

2. How is the Roots Chain of Shadows useful in mathematics?

The Roots Chain of Shadows can be useful in mathematics as it provides a visual representation of the relationships between different types of roots, which can help in understanding complex equations and solving them. It can also aid in identifying patterns and making connections between different mathematical concepts.

3. What are the different types of roots in the Roots Chain of Shadows?

There are three types of roots in the Roots Chain of Shadows: real roots, complex roots, and imaginary roots. Real roots are the solutions to an equation that can be expressed as a real number, complex roots are the solutions that involve both real and imaginary numbers, and imaginary roots are the solutions that can only be expressed using imaginary numbers.

4. How can the Roots Chain of Shadows be applied in real-life situations?

The Roots Chain of Shadows can be applied in real-life situations where equations and mathematical concepts are involved. For example, it can be used in engineering to solve complex equations and in finance to analyze patterns and connections between different variables.

5. What are some common misconceptions about the Roots Chain of Shadows?

One common misconception about the Roots Chain of Shadows is that it is only applicable to advanced mathematics and cannot be understood by those without a strong mathematical background. However, with proper explanation and visualization, the concept can be understood by anyone. Another misconception is that the Roots Chain of Shadows is only applicable to quadratic equations, but it can also be applied to higher order equations.