Exploring Quantum Entanglement Paradoxes: Length Contraction Clue?

In summary, a question was posed about whether there could be a clue to resolving the paradoxes of quantum entanglement by reducing distance to zero in a photon's frame. The experts clarified that there is no such thing as a photon's frame and quantum particles do not have trajectories, making the question irrelevant.
peety
Could any of the experts here say whether there could be a clue here as to how to resolve the apparent paradoxes of quantum entanglement? I mean if a distance is reduced to zero, in a photon' s frame, then we should not be surprised that measurements made on one of a pair should be reflected in the corresponding photon. I don't pretend to see this clearly, but I'm curious to hear better informed views.

Physics news on Phys.org
[Mentor's note - lightly edited as part of moving some posts from one thread to another]
peety said:
Could any of the experts here say whether there could be a clue here as to how to resolve the apparent paradoxes of quantum entanglement? I mean if a distance is reduced to zero, in a photon' s frame, then we should not be surprised that measurements made on one of a pair should be reflected in the corresponding photon. I don't pretend to see this clearly, but I'm curious to hear better informed views.
IIt has nothing to do with the subject matter here. There is no such thing as a photon's frame and distance is never reduced to zero, so the question does not apply in any case.

Last edited by a moderator:
peety said:
I mean if a distance is reduced to zero, in a photon' s frame, then
When we say "X''s frame" we mean a frame in which X is at rest. There is no such frame possible for light. Also, when you start to talk about anything in the realm of quantum physics it's essential to understand that quantum particles don't have trajectories in the usual sense of the word.

Related to Exploring Quantum Entanglement Paradoxes: Length Contraction Clue?

1. What is quantum entanglement and why is it important?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in quantum physics where two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the others, even when they are separated by large distances. It is important because it challenges our understanding of how particles interact and has potential applications in fields such as quantum computing and cryptography.

2. What are the paradoxes associated with quantum entanglement?

There are several paradoxes associated with quantum entanglement, including the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) paradox, the Bell's inequality paradox, and the Schrödinger's cat paradox. These paradoxes arise from the strange and counterintuitive nature of quantum entanglement and have been the subject of much debate and research in the scientific community.

3. How does length contraction play a role in quantum entanglement paradoxes?

Length contraction is a concept in special relativity that states that objects moving at high speeds will appear shorter in the direction of motion. In the case of quantum entanglement, this can lead to paradoxes because the entangled particles may appear to be closer or farther apart depending on the observer's frame of reference. This can create discrepancies in the measurements and predictions of the particles' states.

4. Can quantum entanglement be used for faster-than-light communication?

No, quantum entanglement cannot be used for faster-than-light communication. While the entangled particles may seem to be connected and affected instantaneously, this does not violate the speed of light limit. Any information transmitted through entanglement still obeys the speed of light and cannot be used to communicate at faster speeds.

5. How do scientists study and understand quantum entanglement paradoxes?

Scientists use various techniques and experiments to study and understand quantum entanglement paradoxes. These include Bell tests, EPR experiments, and quantum teleportation experiments. By analyzing the results of these experiments and comparing them with theoretical predictions, scientists can gain a better understanding of the nature of quantum entanglement and its paradoxes.