Exploring Engineering Technologies for Aspiring STEM Students

• Engineering
  • Thread starter moondawg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engineering
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's interest in engineering, specifically environmental engineering, and their desire to attend a college with a strong engineering technology program. They mention Stevens Institute as their top choice and inquire about other schools such as URI, New Haven, and Drexel. The other person mentions that MIT is considered the best institute for engineering in the world, but the speaker is unsure about it and asks for information about the other schools.
moondawg
As of now I know engineering interests me because I love math and science and I've talked to my cousin who is an engineer and he tells me great things and describes what he does. I may be interested in environmental engineering but I want to take an engineering technologies course in college next year as a freshman, anybody know of schools with really good engineering technology classes?! Stevens Institute is my number 1 school I want to go to next year but I want to know of more schools to keep in mind!

Physics news on Phys.org
in which country do u belong? overall best insitute for engineering in the world is (MIT) Massachusetts Institute of Technology in U.S.A.

I live in the U.S... and I am not too sure about MIT.. do you know anything of URI, New Haven, or Drexel?

Related to Exploring Engineering Technologies for Aspiring STEM Students

What is engineering technology?

Engineering technology refers to the application of engineering principles and methods to design, develop, and maintain technological systems. This includes the use of tools, techniques, and processes to solve real-world problems and create new products and systems.

What are the different branches of engineering technology?

There are several branches of engineering technology, including mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, and industrial engineering. Each branch focuses on a specific area of technology and has its own set of principles and techniques.

What skills are necessary for a career in engineering technology?

Some essential skills for a career in engineering technology include problem-solving, critical thinking, attention to detail, teamwork, and communication. Additionally, knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software and the ability to work with complex systems is important.

What industries rely on engineering technology?

Engineering technology plays a crucial role in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, construction, transportation, energy, and healthcare. It is also an essential component of research and development in various fields.

What is the job outlook for engineers in the technology industry?

The job outlook for engineers in the technology industry is positive, with a projected growth rate of 4% from 2019 to 2029. This is due to the increasing demand for new technologies and the need for engineers to design, develop, and maintain these systems.