Exploring Conductive Liquids and Superconductors: Questions and Possibilities

• Thread starter Steve-O
  • Start date
In summary, Conductive liquids and superconductors are materials that have the ability to conduct electricity with minimal resistance. This allows for the efficient transfer of electrical energy and has numerous potential applications in various industries. Some key questions that researchers are exploring include how to increase the critical temperature at which materials become superconducting and how to control and manipulate superconductors for practical use. There are also possibilities for using conductive liquids and superconductors in advanced technologies such as quantum computing and high-speed transportation. Continued research and development in this field could lead to groundbreaking advancements in energy efficiency and technology.
Steve-O
Hello!
I found this interestingly amazing forum accidentally while searching for info on conductive liquids. Please let me explain...
I have built an electric motorcycle conversion (EMC) and am in the planning stages of upgrading the drive system from a PMDC http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/motenergy-me1003.html to a newer improved water cooled brushless PMAC https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-129399866319704/ME1616.jpg

This is an elaborate example of how my twisted brain works: I'm thinking of liquids to cool an electric motor with. Most people would think Prestone and be done with it! No! Not me! I'm cursed I tell ya!
The coolant is pumped and passed through the magnetic field of the motor. Any conductor, whether a solid metal or a liquid, will have current produced in it as it passes through the flux of a magnetic field. I guess this translates into electrolysis. Corrosion. So a non-conducting liquid should probably be used to cool the motor, in order to prevent electrolysis. Pure H2O is a non-conductor, I believe. So pure distilled water should give the least amount of corrosion. I don't know if the automotive industry's common coolant glycol has any effect on suppressing electrolysis in this example. On the other hand, electrolysis is the principle of what makes a battery work. So if the coolant is a conductor, then theoretically you should be able to use this created current to assist in the recharge of the EMC's battery pack.

Then I start thinking about the 2 chemists in Utah back in the 1980's that thought they created cold fusion by using Palladium and heavy water. I don't know the details of their experiment or discovery, but I remember they were a laughing stock to the status quo of the Scientific Community. They took a very unorthodox path to releasing the results of their experiment by going mainstream public with their data. I'm not sure what they stumbled on, but everything happens for a reason! The reason for me is that they brought to light and taught me an important virtue of Palladium: It has a superior ability to absorb H3 ions like a sponge. So therefore, Palladium would make an optimum anode for a heavy water battery. I'm thinking it should be connected to the conducting liquid passing through the magnetic flux on one side of the magnetic field. An experiment would need to be done to learn whether an upstream or downstream connection changes anything.

So here is a small list of questions that the above example inspired:
1.What is the conductivity of heavy water compared to ocean water? I know that ocean water has H3O in it.
2.What would be the most optimum conductor to connect to the liquid circuit on the other side of the magnetic field discussed in the example above?
3.What metal has the best ability to repel or emit H3 ions?
4.Are we getting any closer to superconductors that operate at room temps?
5.Do Superconductors produce a magnetic field when current is passed through them?
6.Will a current be produced if a superconductor is passed through a magnetic field?
7. Is a liquid superconductor possible?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Simple_Periodic_Table_Chart-en.svg

Physics news on Phys.org
Just starting a conversation! LOL

Steve-O ,
Please use this section for intros and please post this in one of the Physics sections.

Likes Evo