Explanation of Quantum Entanglement Please

In summary, Arik is 12 years old and is interested in learning more about Quantum Physics and Topological Quantum Matter. He has read about these topics on Wikipedia and other websites, and is looking for information on forums about the same.
Arik Salehi
Hello, I am 12 years old in 6th grade and love physics and Quantum Physics, I would love an explanation of Quantum Physics and Topological Quantum Matter.

Physics news on Phys.org
Arik Salehi said:
Hello, I am 12 years old in 6th grade and love physics and Quantum Physics, I would love an explanation of Quantum Physics and Topological Quantum Matter.
Welcome to the PF, Arik. :smile:

What have you found in your reading so far? What have you read at Wikipedia and similar websites so far?

Have you tried a PF forum search on these subjects? The Search feature is at the upper right corner of the display. Also, take a look at the PF INSIGHTS section -- there are a number of articles there that you will find interesting and fun to read through. :smile:

Hi, Berkeman I have read on wikipedia Quantum mechanics, Quantum entanglement (Which is particularly hard) and have read books on the subject such as The Theoretical Minimum. I would like to research Physics and learn it before high school.

Likes PeroK
Theoretical Minimum is fine - at least I think so. :smile:

There is lots to be found on the net if you choose your search terms carefully. :smile:

Arik Salehi said:
Hi, Berkeman I have read on wikipedia Quantum mechanics, Quantum entanglement (Which is particularly hard) and have read books on the subject such as The Theoretical Minimum. I would like to research Physics and learn it before high school.
Good for you! Try using the PF Search feature to find previous discussions about those topics. Just click on the "SEARCH" link at the top of the page and enter some keywords in the Title slot. Try reading through some of the threads you find to see if they help to add to your knowledge (and to your questions!). :smile:

BTW, the threads you find will likely have a "Prefix" to the left of the thread title. Right now you should try to read the "B" (Basic) or "I" (Intermediate) level threads. Leave the "A" Advanced/PhD level threads for next year... :biggrin:

Likes PeroK

Related to Explanation of Quantum Entanglement Please

1. What is quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in which two or more particles become connected in a way that their states are dependent on each other, even when separated by large distances. This means that changes in one particle will instantaneously affect the other particle, regardless of the distance between them.

2. How does quantum entanglement work?

Quantum entanglement works by creating a pair of entangled particles, usually through a process called photon emission. Once these particles are entangled, their states are linked, and any change in one particle's state will also change the state of the other particle, no matter how far apart they are.

3. What is the significance of quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement is significant because it challenges our understanding of classical physics and our traditional notions of cause and effect. It also has implications for technologies such as quantum computing and quantum cryptography.

4. How is quantum entanglement demonstrated in experiments?

Quantum entanglement has been demonstrated in various experiments, such as the EPR (Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen) experiment and the Bell test experiment. In these experiments, entangled particles are separated and their states are measured, showing a correlation between the two particles' states.

5. What are the potential applications of quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement has the potential to revolutionize various fields, such as communication, computing, and cryptography. It could also lead to advancements in quantum teleportation and quantum sensing, among others.