Explanation for the uneducated mind

In summary, The conversation discusses a brain teaser question posed by Greg about finding the largest number containing 9 of 10 digits, including 0, that is divisible by 11 without a remainder. The correct answer is 987652413, which was guessed by dduardo. Guybrush points out that the idea was to find the biggest 9 digit number divisible by 11 with all digits represented only once. Both Guybrush and Greg initially misread the question.
Andy
Origionally Posted By Greg
Can you find the largest number possible containing any of 9 of 10 digits, considering 0 also a number, that is divisible by 11 without a reminder?

Origionally posted by Greg
987652413 is the answer, dduardo gets the point! :)

This was a Brain teaser question, and i have no idea whatsoever why this is the correct answer.

As i said in the thread title an uneducated mind

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Why not just check all combinations in a computer? It won't take very long.

I guess the idea was to find the biggest 9 digit number divisible by 11 that contains every digit only once.
Although I did't understood at first glance and answered 9999999999.

Origionally Posted By Guybrush
I guess the idea was to find the biggest 9 digit number divisible by 11 that contains every digit only once.

Yea, dunce here read the question wrong, like you.

Related to Explanation for the uneducated mind

1. What is an "uneducated mind" in this context?

An uneducated mind in this context refers to a lack of formal education or knowledge in a specific subject. It does not necessarily mean that the individual is unintelligent, but rather that they have not been exposed to information or learning opportunities in a particular area.

2. Why is it important to provide an explanation for the uneducated mind?

It is important to provide an explanation for the uneducated mind because it allows individuals to better understand and make sense of new information. Without a basic understanding or background knowledge, it can be difficult for someone to grasp new concepts or ideas.

3. How does the uneducated mind differ from the educated mind?

The uneducated mind and the educated mind differ in terms of their level of knowledge and understanding in a specific subject. The uneducated mind may lack foundational knowledge and critical thinking skills, while the educated mind has a deeper understanding and ability to think critically about a topic.

4. Are there ways to improve the understanding of the uneducated mind?

Yes, there are ways to improve the understanding of the uneducated mind. Providing clear and concise explanations, using relatable examples, and encouraging questions and discussions can help individuals with a lack of formal education to better comprehend new information.

5. Can the uneducated mind be just as capable as the educated mind?

Yes, the uneducated mind can be just as capable as the educated mind. While education can provide a strong foundation and critical thinking skills, it is not the only factor that determines intelligence or capability. An uneducated mind can still possess unique perspectives and valuable insights.