Expert System Thesis: International Student at a Canadian University

In summary, an international student is studying computer science at a Canadian university but is interested in doing her thesis in expert systems. He recommends reading journals in the field, talking with his advisor, and looking at the work of his professor to figure out a problem to work on.
Memo-canada
Hello All ,

I'm an international student , studying at a Canadian university .
I'm doing my Master's degree in computer science which was not my major in my country .
My major was education and computer . I've studied 42% computer and the rest was education .
However , I'm wiling to do my degree in Expert system and problem solving . until now , I could not find any problem to be my thesis .
If anyone of you could suggest a problem that is good for an expert system , it will help me a lot .

Thank you ..

Physics news on Phys.org
Memo-canada said:
However , I'm wiling to do my degree in Expert system and problem solving . until now , I could not find any problem to be my thesis.
If you don't care either way, look at what the professors at your university are working at and pick a topic related to their work.

What's your domain of interest? Do you want to research expert systems with an education bent (grammar/translation/linguistic stuff), a financial services bent, management bent, etc?

It's probably a much better idea to talk this over with your supervisor rather than getting a thesis topic from some random people online.

The first key to figuring out a good topic is to read a lot. Figure out what the important journals are in "expert systems" and give them a thorough review. See what's being published in the field to get a sense of what problems people are working on. Talk with your advisor to see which problems he or she expects to be solved in the near future and which are worth working on.

My professor is asking me to find one which has to be a real .
that is driving me crazy ..

My professor is asking me to find one which has to be a real.
Read some of his/her work. Read the work he/she cites. Google his/her stuff. Ask him what that means. There are a bunch of real problems in all sorts of domains, but you need to sort out what you're interested in and what he'll support. You're not even giving enough specific info to point you in a direction, which is bad in it's own right, but Choppy's right that it'll be much better if you find your own interest. Expert systems is a really big field, so get yourself a bit more grounded in it and work from there.

Related to Expert System Thesis: International Student at a Canadian University

1. What is an expert system?

An expert system is a computer program designed to mimic the decision-making abilities of a human expert in a specific field of knowledge. It uses a set of rules and algorithms to analyze data and provide solutions or recommendations based on its knowledge base.

2. What is the purpose of an expert system thesis?

The purpose of an expert system thesis is to analyze and evaluate the use of expert systems in a specific context or industry, such as international students at Canadian universities. It aims to identify the potential benefits and limitations of implementing an expert system and provide recommendations for its successful implementation.

3. How does an expert system benefit international students at a Canadian university?

An expert system can benefit international students at a Canadian university by providing personalized and accurate information and guidance on various topics, such as course selection, visa regulations, and campus resources. It can also help improve the overall student experience and reduce the time and effort needed for administrative tasks.

4. What are the challenges of implementing an expert system for international students at a Canadian university?

Some challenges of implementing an expert system for international students at a Canadian university may include the high costs of developing and maintaining the system, the need for continuous updates and improvements, and potential resistance from students and staff who may prefer traditional methods of support.

5. What are the ethical considerations when using an expert system for international students at a Canadian university?

Some ethical considerations when using an expert system for international students at a Canadian university include ensuring the accuracy and fairness of the information provided, protecting the privacy and confidentiality of students' data, and addressing any potential biases or discrimination in the system's algorithms and decision-making processes.