A theory for a FIFTH dimension .

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of matter being a fifth dimension, in addition to the commonly known dimensions of time and space. The original poster, a 16-year-old, shares their theory that matter is the fifth dimension and provides an argument to support it. However, other users point out flaws in the theory and explain that mass does not fit the definition of a dimension. One user mentions that historically, mass has been considered a fundamental quantity alongside time and space. Overall, while the idea is not entirely unfounded, it is not widely accepted and does not fit the definition of a dimension.
Originally posted by chroot
Shouldn't this nonsense be in the theory development forum? Oh wait.

- Warren

Firstly, that was an utterly pointless post. Secondly, bluntly labelling the theory as "Nonsense" without argument is not necessary and shows ignorance. I know the theory is debateable and unlikely but please contribute to the debate before criticism.
Thanks. (sigh)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Does anyone else have anything to add to this discussion? I would very much like to see anybody's views on the topic.
Thanks

Originally posted by Don Cristo
...it IS a philosophical matter...

Then post the topic in the philosphy section.

Originally posted by steinitz
Then post the topic in the philosphy section.

You have dissapointed me Mr Steinitz - I thought you were above insolence and stupidity. I am sure you can come up with a cleverer and more relevant remark that that. Good day.

[zz)]

Originally posted by steinitz
[zz)]

You are a pathetic individual. You have patronized me for no good reason and you have made a mockery of me. You belong in the gutters for this atrocity. May you be stung by a thousand tempestuous scorpions, you amalgamation of loathsome repulsiveness. May you also be chased across the desert by sex-starved camels, you whose word is worthless I hope, pray and dream that you shall be dragged through the disease-ridden medieval sty by a demented pig, you grudge-festering scar on the face of beauty.

I wonder how many hours you had to spend with a thesaurus to write that stupid reply.

- Warren

This thread has degraded too far.

<h2>1. What is the fifth dimension?</h2><p>The fifth dimension is a theoretical concept in physics that proposes the existence of an additional dimension beyond the four dimensions of space and time that we experience in our everyday lives.</p><h2>2. How is the fifth dimension different from the other four dimensions?</h2><p>The fifth dimension is believed to be a higher dimension that is not bound by the limitations of space and time. It is thought to be a realm where there are infinite possibilities and where all possible outcomes of events can exist simultaneously.</p><h2>3. Why do scientists believe in the existence of a fifth dimension?</h2><p>Scientists use mathematical models and theories, such as string theory and M-theory, to explain the fundamental forces of the universe. These theories suggest that the existence of a fifth dimension is necessary to fully understand and explain the behavior of these forces.</p><h2>4. How could the fifth dimension affect our daily lives?</h2><p>If the fifth dimension does exist, it could have a significant impact on our understanding of the universe and our place in it. It could also potentially lead to advancements in technology and our ability to manipulate the world around us.</p><h2>5. Is there any scientific evidence for the existence of a fifth dimension?</h2><p>Currently, there is no direct evidence for the existence of a fifth dimension. However, ongoing research and experiments, such as those conducted at the Large Hadron Collider, are seeking to provide evidence and support for the existence of this theoretical dimension.</p>

1. What is the fifth dimension?

The fifth dimension is a theoretical concept in physics that proposes the existence of an additional dimension beyond the four dimensions of space and time that we experience in our everyday lives.

2. How is the fifth dimension different from the other four dimensions?

The fifth dimension is believed to be a higher dimension that is not bound by the limitations of space and time. It is thought to be a realm where there are infinite possibilities and where all possible outcomes of events can exist simultaneously.

3. Why do scientists believe in the existence of a fifth dimension?

Scientists use mathematical models and theories, such as string theory and M-theory, to explain the fundamental forces of the universe. These theories suggest that the existence of a fifth dimension is necessary to fully understand and explain the behavior of these forces.

4. How could the fifth dimension affect our daily lives?

If the fifth dimension does exist, it could have a significant impact on our understanding of the universe and our place in it. It could also potentially lead to advancements in technology and our ability to manipulate the world around us.

5. Is there any scientific evidence for the existence of a fifth dimension?

Currently, there is no direct evidence for the existence of a fifth dimension. However, ongoing research and experiments, such as those conducted at the Large Hadron Collider, are seeking to provide evidence and support for the existence of this theoretical dimension.