Examining electric circuits and deducing current and voltage

In summary, an electric circuit is a closed loop that allows electricity to flow and typically includes a power source, conductors, and loads. Current is the flow of electric charge through a conductor and is measured in amperes. Voltage is measured in volts and is the potential difference between two points in the circuit. The relationship between current and voltage is described by Ohm's Law and can be deduced by using a voltmeter and ammeter, or by applying Kirchhoff's laws.
alexandria

Homework Statement

upload_2016-4-12_0-1-8.png

Homework Equations

equations listed below in chart

The Attempt at a Solution

here is my answer, i just need to know if I am doing this correctly, thanks :)[/B]

upload_2016-4-12_0-25-42.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks good.

ok thanks for the quick reply :smile:

Related to Examining electric circuits and deducing current and voltage

1. What is an electric circuit?

An electric circuit is a closed loop or pathway that allows electricity to flow from a power source to a device or appliance. It typically includes a power source, conductors, and loads (devices that use electricity).

2. What is current in an electric circuit?

Current is the flow of electric charge, typically measured in amperes (A), through a conductor in an electric circuit. It is caused by the movement of electrons from the negative terminal of a power source to the positive terminal.

3. How is voltage measured in an electric circuit?

Voltage is measured in volts (V) and is the potential difference between two points in an electric circuit. It is typically measured using a voltmeter and can be thought of as the force that pushes the current through the circuit.

4. What is the relationship between current and voltage in an electric circuit?

The relationship between current and voltage in an electric circuit is known as Ohm's Law, which states that the current (I) is directly proportional to the voltage (V) and inversely proportional to the resistance (R) of the circuit (I = V/R). This means that an increase in voltage will result in an increase in current, while an increase in resistance will decrease the current.

5. How can we deduce current and voltage in an electric circuit?

To deduce current and voltage in an electric circuit, we can use Ohm's Law (I = V/R) and measure the voltage and resistance using a voltmeter and an ammeter. We can also use Kirchhoff's laws, which state that the sum of currents entering a node in a circuit is equal to the sum of currents leaving the node, and the sum of voltage drops around a closed loop in a circuit is equal to the sum of voltage sources in the loop.