Exam results bad:How do I build momentum for the rest of the exams

In summary, the speaker received poor exam results for their favorite subject, Dynamics of Machines, and barely passed. They are concerned about upcoming oral exams and are seeking tips to prepare for them. They also reflect on their mistakes and consider ways to improve their performance.
marellasunny
I got the exam results for one of my most favourite subjects today-Dynamics of Machines,and it was horrible. Luckily I just managed to scrape through. In my university(German one),getting a very good grade is tougher than the University in my home town. I feel devastated because it was a oral exam and I blurted-out some wrong answers. If this was a company interview,I would have blown-it. Some tips on how I could prepare myself for a oral exam?(No friends taking the same courses to practice mock tests).

I have an exam coming-up in a few days and would ofcourse like to score well on it.How do I get my spirits back-up again?

Physics news on Phys.org
marellasunny said:
I got the exam results for one of my most favourite subjects today-Dynamics of Machines,and it was horrible. Luckily I just managed to scrape through. In my university(German one),getting a very good grade is tougher than the University in my home town. I feel devastated because it was a oral exam and I blurted-out some wrong answers. If this was a company interview,I would have blown-it. Some tips on how I could prepare myself for a oral exam?(No friends taking the same courses to practice mock tests).

How about figuring out why you made those mistakes, i.e. why did you blurted out the wrong answers? Did you simply not know the right answers, or did you not pay attention to the exact question?

Zz.

Related to Exam results bad:How do I build momentum for the rest of the exams

1. How can I turn around my bad exam results?

To build momentum for the rest of your exams, it's important to first identify the areas where you struggled in your exams. Make a plan to focus on those areas and seek help from your teachers or peers if needed. Additionally, create a study schedule and stick to it, allowing yourself enough time to review and practice for each subject.

2. What study techniques can help improve my exam results?

Some effective study techniques include creating flashcards, summarizing notes, and practicing past exam questions. It's also important to take regular breaks and get enough rest to avoid burnout. Find what works best for you and stick to it.

3. How can I stay motivated after receiving bad exam results?

It's normal to feel discouraged after receiving bad exam results, but it's important to remind yourself of your goals and the long-term benefits of doing well in your exams. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people, and focus on incremental improvements rather than perfection.

4. What should I do if I don't understand a subject or topic?

If you are struggling with a particular subject or topic, don't be afraid to ask for help. Reach out to your teacher, classmates, or a tutor for clarification and additional support. It's also helpful to break down the material into smaller, manageable chunks and practice regularly.

5. How can I manage my time effectively to prepare for my exams?

Creating a study schedule and sticking to it is crucial for effective time management during exam preparation. Prioritize your subjects based on your strengths and weaknesses, and allocate enough time for each subject. It's also important to take breaks and stay organized to avoid feeling overwhelmed.