Exam Questions in Engineering Mathematics

In summary, The conversation is about finding engineering exam questions on the web. The person is looking for questions on topics taught in engineering maths and another person offers to share the topics they cover in their EE course. The topics covered in the first year include integration, differentiation, series, complex numbers, matrix algebra, boolean algebra, and first and second order differential equations. The second year covers Laplace transforms, partial differentiation, multiple integrals, and Fourier series.
matqkks
Does anyone know where I can find engineering exam questions on the web. I am trying to do a survey of various questions from different universities.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Just look for questions on topics that are taught in Engineering Maths. I study EE at university, so if you like I could tell you the topics we cover.

Would like to know which topics you cover in the EE course.

Ok. A level maths (or similar) is needed to study EE (in most places in england). If you type 'OCR past papers' into google, there should be some past maths papers you can look at there.

In the first year the A level syllabus was recapped. We then went on to look at:

Intergration and differentiation in more detail

Series - Maclaurin's, Taylor's, LaHopital's rule and binomial

Complex Numbers - Argand Diagrams, Polar Cordinates, exponential form etc

Matrix Algebra - Determinants, Transpose, Gauss Elemination, Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors etc

Boolen Algebra

First and second order differential equations

In the second year we have studied:

Laplace Transforms (using a table of transforms and rules, not having to intergrate much)

Partial Differentiation, multiple integrals

Fourier Series + convolution and correlation

Last edited by a moderator:

I understand the importance of gathering data and information from various sources for research purposes. In regards to your question about finding engineering exam questions on the web, there are several options you can explore.

First, many universities have their own websites where they may have past exam papers available for students to access. You can try searching for specific universities and browsing through their engineering department's webpage to see if they have any exam questions posted.

Another option is to search for online databases or forums where engineering students and professionals share resources and study materials. These platforms may have a collection of past exam questions that you can use for your survey.

Additionally, some academic publishing companies offer test banks or practice questions for various engineering courses. These materials are often used by professors to create exams, so they may be useful for your survey as well.

Finally, you can reach out to engineering professors or professionals and ask if they have any past exam questions that they would be willing to share with you. This can be a great way to get a diverse range of questions from different universities.

Overall, I recommend using a combination of these methods to gather a comprehensive set of engineering exam questions for your survey. It is important to also consider the source and credibility of the questions as you compile your data. Good luck with your research!

Related to Exam Questions in Engineering Mathematics

1. What topics are typically covered in engineering mathematics exams?

Engineering mathematics exams usually cover topics such as calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, probability and statistics, and numerical methods. These topics are essential for solving real-world engineering problems.

2. How should I prepare for an engineering mathematics exam?

The best way to prepare for an engineering mathematics exam is to practice solving a variety of problems from each topic. Make sure to understand the concepts and formulas thoroughly, and also review any relevant notes or lecture materials. It can also be helpful to work with a study group or seek help from a tutor if needed.

3. Are engineering mathematics exams typically theoretical or practical?

Engineering mathematics exams usually have a combination of theoretical and practical questions. Theoretical questions may involve proving theorems or deriving formulas, while practical questions may involve solving problems using mathematical techniques.

4. What resources can I use to study for an engineering mathematics exam?

There are many resources available to study for an engineering mathematics exam, including textbooks, online tutorials, practice problems, and study guides. Your professor or teaching assistant may also have recommended resources for the specific course.

5. How much time should I allocate for an engineering mathematics exam?

The amount of time needed for an engineering mathematics exam can vary depending on the difficulty and length of the exam. It is important to carefully read through each question and allocate your time accordingly. It can be helpful to budget more time for more challenging questions and leave time at the end to review your answers.