Evaluting latex wrtten in TeXnicCenter.

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter threetheoreom
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses how to view a document in output form (PDF/PS) after installing TexnixCenter and Mikktex, the entire Protext package. The standard applications for viewing these file types are Adobe Reader and GSview. After selecting the appropriate option in the drop-down menu, the document can be compiled and viewed in the chosen application.
threetheoreom
I have just installed TexnixCenter And Mikktex - the entire Protext package bt i can't seem to find a way to veiw the document in output form ( pdf/ ps)

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
threetheoreom said:
I have just installed TexnixCenter And Mikktex - the entire Protext package bt i can't seem to find a way to veiw the document in output form ( pdf/ ps)

Thanks

As las3rjock siad, you need to have acrobat Reader or Ghsotview installed. Then you simply have to click on the little drop-down menu at the top that will list the three options:
LaTeX -> DVI
LaTeX -> PDF
LaTeX -> PS

Choose the PDF (or PS) option and then compile. It should open up automatically Acrobat Reader and display your file. It works without any problem for me.

thanks, i diff have those i think my problem is - where is the combile button?

threetheoreom said:
thanks, i diff have those i think my problem is - where is the combile button?

Nevermind, playing around i got it .. it the 'build output' option.

Related to Evaluting latex wrtten in TeXnicCenter.

1. What is LaTeX and how is it different from other typesetting tools?

LaTeX is a high-quality typesetting system commonly used for creating scientific and technical documents. It is based on the TeX typesetting language, but provides a simpler and more user-friendly interface. Unlike other typesetting tools, LaTeX allows the user to focus on the content of the document rather than its appearance, as it automatically handles formatting and layout.

2. What is TeXnicCenter and how does it relate to LaTeX?

TeXnicCenter is a popular open-source integrated development environment (IDE) for LaTeX. It provides a user-friendly interface for creating and managing LaTeX documents, including features such as syntax highlighting, code completion, and document preview. TeXnicCenter is not a typesetting tool itself, but rather a front-end for the LaTeX typesetting system.

3. How do I evaluate LaTeX written in TeXnicCenter?

The evaluation of LaTeX written in TeXnicCenter is typically done by compiling the document using the LaTeX typesetting system. This process converts the LaTeX code into a formatted document, which can then be viewed in a PDF reader. The resulting document can be evaluated for accuracy, consistency, and overall quality of typesetting.

4. What are the benefits of using TeXnicCenter for LaTeX writing?

TeXnicCenter provides several benefits for writing LaTeX documents, including a user-friendly interface, efficient document management, and advanced features such as code completion and spell checking. It also allows for seamless integration with other tools, such as BibTeX for managing references. Additionally, TeXnicCenter is free and open-source, making it accessible to all users.

5. Are there any limitations or drawbacks to using TeXnicCenter for LaTeX?

One potential limitation of TeXnicCenter is its reliance on the underlying LaTeX typesetting system. This means that any issues or limitations with LaTeX will also affect the functionality of TeXnicCenter. Additionally, for more advanced users, TeXnicCenter may not offer as much flexibility and customization options as other LaTeX editors. However, these limitations are often outweighed by the benefits and ease of use provided by TeXnicCenter.