Where do the experts in here go to find answers?

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary: Google changed its algorithms recently, which made it difficult for some people to find good information.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
i mean the experts of this pf such as hallsofivy,hurkyl,tom,grime and others.
when you have questions which internet forum do you go to ask them? I am assuming you don't ask here because usually you are answering and don't ask question here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Most ask the magic 8-Ball. All signs point to yes.

Here's a secret, most experts go to

OHHHH! Giving away secrets huh? Well I'll have you know I Googled "types of punishment" to find out what should be done to you for your loose lips. Here's what I came up with:BDSM, bondage,chains, heels, enemas, large objects, extreme anal, rope, fisting and more.
Wasn't what I had in mind, but go ahead and pick one.

I'm not sure if lqg had Nereid in mind when asking the question, but The_Professional gave one, very important, source. To add to that great source however, IMHO, one needs to have some understanding of which of the links that great internet librarian provides are likely to be worthy of even opening, then to skim an opened link, finally to read (and understand!) what is comes onto your computer screen. Unfortunately, there's an awful lot of stuff on the net which is inaccurate, misleading or just plain wrong.

Of course, Google isn't the only source ...

Web of Science is a search engine for scientific literature. I have access to it at work. Sometimes I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, and I go to our technical library. We have librarians who are very good at cutting through the deadwood to find solid information.

Njorl

I've often seen Janus with his head buried in The Junior Encyclopedia of Space

I hope they just go back to the axioms or first principles and tough it out alone :)
I wouldn't consider myself an expert until I could do the same.
Happy thoughts
Rachel

1. Where do experts typically go to find answers?

Experts often turn to reputable sources such as peer-reviewed journals, academic conferences, and professional organizations to find answers to their questions. They may also consult with other experts in their field or conduct their own research.

2. Are there specific online platforms that experts use to find answers?

Yes, there are many online platforms where experts can find answers. These include forums and discussion boards, academic databases, and online communities specifically for experts in a certain field. Some experts also use social media platforms to connect with other professionals and exchange information.

3. Can experts find answers through networking?

Absolutely. Networking with other experts in their field can be a valuable way for professionals to find answers. By attending conferences, workshops, and other events, experts can share knowledge and collaborate with others to find solutions to complex problems.

4. How do experts determine the credibility of the sources they use to find answers?

Experts use a variety of methods to determine the credibility of their sources. They may look for evidence-based research, check the credentials of the author or organization, and consider the reputation of the publication or website. They also rely on their own expertise and knowledge to assess the validity of the information.

5. Do experts ever consult with non-experts to find answers?

Yes, experts may consult with non-experts to find answers. This can be especially useful when seeking information outside of their field of expertise. Non-experts may offer a unique perspective or have access to resources that experts may not be aware of. However, experts typically verify the information they receive from non-experts before considering it as a reliable source.