Evaluate my brand new program satelite motion around earth

In summary, the conversation is about evaluating a newly created satellite motion program. The creator mentions that it is a beta release and still needs work, but encourages others to check it out. They also mention using recommended values and using Newton's II law to derive the algorithm. Another user tries the program but it does not work and they ask for clarification on the purpose of a field. The creator responds and suggests using a different field. Another user suggests making the values default and the creator updates the program with new values. They also mention strange orbits and share pictures. There is a request for a refresh button.

do u like my new program?

• nice one

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • useless!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
devil
evaluate my brand new program! :) satelite motion around earth!

:eek:

finally I managed to create a working version of my prog :)

with the help of my friend, and physics teacher (he corrected couple of -/+ :)) I created the very first, user friendly prog...

that's beta release and it still needs a lot of work, but still check this out! :)

===================
+++++++++++++++++++

and yeh, can anyone tell me why those orbits don't match? I mean that slight difference? strange I guess... :eek:

(and yes, please use recommended values :devil: )

for deriving my algorithm, I used Newton's II law...

you can download program from here: http://sandro-dz.com/satmotion.zip

btw. www.sandro-dz.com[/URL] is my homepage :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Well I downloaded it and had a look and nothing worked...

I put in the values suggested (why not have them as a default setting?), but nothing happened... What is the top Delta value box for? I couldn't type anything in there.

I have no idea why it didn't work... Was I supposed to 'do' something else?

delta T is the second field, if u do not enter that number it will not work! use the second field, bellow!

i pressed go, the sattelite started moving then pressed go again and it stopped (but I mean really stopped, i had to restart the program to run again)

I think you should do as Adrian said and put those values as default

I didn't vote in the poll, because theare are too few options... :wink:

and donwload the newer version...I updated couple of things! http://sandro-dz.com/satmotion2.zip

::Delta T 0.09, velocity 30 and mass 150, this are the best values for maintaining thie real kind orbit!::

:approve: :approve:

and also check this pics, here are the strange orbits! :surprise:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 372
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 351
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I need a refresh button :)

Related to Evaluate my brand new program satelite motion around earth

1. How does the satellite's motion around Earth affect its orbit?

The satellite's motion around Earth affects its orbit by determining the shape, size, and orientation of the orbit. The speed and direction of the satellite's motion also affects the altitude and position of the orbit.

2. What factors influence the satellite's motion around Earth?

The satellite's motion around Earth is influenced by several factors including the gravitational pull of Earth, the satellite's initial velocity, and other forces such as air resistance and the gravitational pull of other celestial bodies.

3. How does the satellite's altitude affect its motion around Earth?

The satellite's altitude affects its motion around Earth by determining the strength of Earth's gravitational pull. The higher the altitude, the weaker the gravitational pull, which results in a slower orbital speed.

4. What is the difference between a geostationary and a polar orbit?

A geostationary orbit is one in which the satellite remains stationary relative to a specific point on Earth's surface. A polar orbit is one in which the satellite passes over both the North and South poles, covering the entire Earth's surface.

5. How is the satellite's motion around Earth calculated?

The satellite's motion around Earth is calculated using Kepler's laws of planetary motion, which describes the relationship between the satellite's orbital period, distance from Earth, and the mass of Earth. This calculation also takes into account any external forces acting on the satellite.