Would you want to be a vampire?

• Thread starter Dissident Dan
  • Start date
In summary: Originally posted by Dissident Dan What really turns me off is the immortality thing. I mean, sucking people's blood would become dull and repetitive after a while, and there isn't really much space for culinary creativity with your teeth stuck in someone's jugular. A depressed vampire is a pitiful thing...Nah...
Dissident Dan
If you were offered the chance to become a vampire, would you take it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Dissident Dan
If you were offered the chance to become a vampire, would you take it?

you mean did I?

Actually, no. Assuming such things exist, and assuming that the legends of these fang-toothed blood suckers are true, then to be a vampire means to accept the dark side. Why would anyone choose to rot in hell?

FYI: the real story of Dracula:
http://www.royalty.nu/Europe/Balkan/Dracula.html

http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~emiller/vladjotd.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea but only if i could have a test period first to see if i like the taste of blood or not.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
you mean did I?

Actually, no. Assuming such things exist, and assuming that the legends of these fang-toothed blood suckers are true, then to be a vampire means to accept the dark side. Why would anyone choose to rot in hell?

Aren't vampires eternal?

Anyway, what about in a world where there is no heaven or hell--no afterlife?

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
Aren't vampires eternal?

No. According to the movies, the premium source of vampire information, sunlight kills vampires. Not only that, one must always be on guard for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Anyway, what about in a world where there is no heaven or hell--no afterlife?

This might depend on which kind of vampire I was. In the old movies, vampires were ugly, demonic creatures with long fingernails and rotting flesh. Perhaps the more recent George Hamilton type would be OK. Still, the drinking blood stuff is too much for me. Can I use Cherry Coke as a substitute?

I'm sure black pudding would suffice...

What really turns me off is the immortality thing. I mean, sucking people's blood would become dull and repetitive after a while, and there isn't really much space for culinary creativity with your teeth stuck in someone's jugular. A depressed vampire is a pitiful thing...

Nah...

I'd rather spend my night doing more meaningful stuff like sleeping, or watching the late night shows, then having to hunt fer people to bite.

1. Would becoming a vampire make me immortal?

No, becoming a vampire does not guarantee immortality. While vampires do have an extended lifespan, they are not immortal and can still be killed through various means.

2. Can vampires turn into bats?

No, the ability to transform into a bat is a common misconception about vampires. Vampires do not have the ability to shape-shift into animals.

3. Do vampires have superhuman strength and speed?

Yes, vampires are known for their enhanced physical abilities such as strength and speed. However, the extent of these abilities may vary among different vampire lore and stories.

4. Do vampires have to drink blood to survive?

Yes, consuming blood is a vital part of a vampire's survival. However, not all vampires feed on human blood and some may have alternative sources of sustenance.

5. Are vampires affected by religious symbols?

The belief that vampires are repelled by religious symbols is a common myth. While some lore may mention this, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim.