From Complexity to Simplicityand back?

• Thread starter Mr. Robin Parsons
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Complexity
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of simplicity breeding complexity, specifically in relation to the internet and technology. The idea of simplistic responses being able to cover complex issues is highlighted, along with personal experiences of gaining deeper understanding over time. The statement "Everything is One" is also mentioned, which recognizes the interconnectedness and perfection of all things. The conversation ends with the acknowledgment that not everyone may understand or agree with this concept.
Mr. Robin Parsons
(Humm where the heck does this thread belong??)

Heck proving that "Simplicity breeds Complexity" is about the simplest of things, here, on the net, as all of what you are reading/viewing is simply a collection, a stream, of "ones and zeros" current/no-current (electrical current) and yet its product is, well "The Net" and lots more, dll's, exe's, Jpeg's, BMP's, TCP, TCP/IP, Windows, Linux, Mac's, Os's, Messsage boards, Chat rooms, Pager systems, E-mail!, (and spam!) drives, RAM, ROM, webpages, a very loooong string of items that have all been bred from the simplicity of 'ones and zeros' streaming by...

It is telling inasmuch as it is sometimes the simplest of responces/amnswers that is missed, (or not completely understood, in its communication{s}) as it is an aspect of simplicity (and complexity) that a very large amount of information/activity/knowledge can be 'belayed' by the idea of simplistic responces being able to cover complex issues in seemingly easy fashions.

This stems from things in my own life, and things from both directions of that manner, in my own life, I had had a friend who told me "an expression" when I was in my mid twenties, that, although I had completely understood the words he had used, and knew (sorta of I had thought) the meanings of those words, it wasn't till I was thirty five, that I finally connected those words, with a waaaaay larger picture that I had not been able to see, prior to achieving that age, simply lacking the experiential kowledge.

In my own life I have seen similar inasmuch as I have told people things/exressions that, although they had insisted they had understood what I had meant, once (or twice?) in my life, some of those people have had the courage to admit to me that they, waaay later, recognized the difference that I had tried to impart at the time of the expression of "The Expression". They learned something in the interceding time that enabled them to catch onto what had been one of those "Deeper connections to a complexity" that wasn't, at the time of "The Expression" understood, although they had thought that they had had it, they later admitted that they hadn't...

Tell me, can you recognize yourself?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
We can try an expression like "Everything is One" expression of the "Sages of the Ages" that attempts to consolidate the 'entirety of understanding' of 'all that is' into one, simple, responce.

What clearly is not apparent, is just how it does that, but it is analogeous to the "Zero's and One's" streaming of the Net, the "Everything Is One" statement recognizes distinctablity, delineation, parameterization, the differentiation of 'space' (empty) from non-space (matter), with the implication that all of that is of the very same nature...as it really is, energy, and 'bound' energy/solid, and furthered by an understanding of just what 'perfection' means.

As a result of this Statement, the needs of 'perfection' becomes the need of "individuality" in the existence of everything (matter/mass) hence we see, to the level of 'mass measurements' (at atomic levels) as being a 'statistical pattern' the 'range' that is the weighting of atoms (by mass spectrometry) demonstrates the appearance of the rule holding 'true' to intimate levels of energy.

For anything to 'exist' (to be/matter/mass) separate from "perfection", (if the Infinite is the "perfection") it must, (as an inherant rule to that) appear as imperfect, "to be seen as separate", an "imperfection in the reflection", hence the rule dictates a 99% rule...Everything is one.

Any questions?

Does anyone wonder why I start so few threads? (ha Ha! )

even more interesting is the mention (in some other thread) of the finding of the "Ultimate" answer/equation to the Universe, but it;s right here in this thread, right out in theopen, as it has been for millenium, yet it is still not seen as that, because of the very reasons that I started this thread, the belied Greater and/or Larger Truth, that is implicit in it's comport...

Everything Is One!

I would like to reply with something constructive, but i haven't a clue what to say, I am sure there are quite a few others like this aswell.

Originally posted by Andy
I would like to reply with something constructive, but i haven't a clue what to say, I am sure there are quite a few others like this as well.
Thanks...:smile:

What is "From Complexity to Simplicity and back"?

"From Complexity to Simplicity and back" is a concept that describes the process of simplifying complex systems or ideas, only to find that they become complex again as more layers are uncovered.

Why is understanding complexity important in science?

Understanding complexity is important in science because many natural phenomena and systems are inherently complex. By studying and unraveling these complexities, scientists can gain a deeper understanding of how the world works and make more accurate predictions about future events.

Can you provide an example of "From Complexity to Simplicity and back" in science?

One example of "From Complexity to Simplicity and back" in science is the study of genetics. At first, scientists thought that DNA was a simple molecule with a straightforward structure. However, as research progressed, they discovered that DNA is actually incredibly complex, with multiple layers and interactions that affect gene expression and inheritance.

How can we apply the concept of "From Complexity to Simplicity and back" in practical situations?

The concept of "From Complexity to Simplicity and back" can be applied in practical situations by encouraging a problem-solving approach that involves breaking down complex issues into simpler components, and then building back up to a comprehensive understanding. This can lead to more effective solutions to complex problems.

What are some challenges in navigating "From Complexity to Simplicity and back"?

One challenge in navigating "From Complexity to Simplicity and back" is that it can be difficult to determine when a system or idea has been simplified enough, or if there are still underlying complexities that need to be uncovered. Additionally, the process can be time-consuming and require a lot of effort and resources.