Electrical Circuit Analysis with C++ Issues

In summary, the speaker is having problems with the mouse drivers and connecting cables while working on a project on Electrical Circuit Analysis with C++ in BGI mode. They are seeking help and advice on how to establish connections with the mouse and determine connections between lines representing the circuit. They are also recommended to seek help from their professor or online forums for programming libraries. Additionally, the speaker is advised to post their code on a website for further assistance.
bishwa
I was working on a project work on Electrical Circuit Analysis with c++(bgi mode) and now I'm having problems with the mouse drivers and the connecting cables .

Would anyone help me with this?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll try

Whats your problem? Is it software or hardware related? Or is it problems within your program itself either way let e know maybe I can help you?

Dx :wink:

circuit analysis : redifinition of the problem

Whats your problem? :

the main problem is software related.First of all i don't know how to establish connections of my program with the mouse(note: I'm a beginner for c++).

And the second problem is : how can i make the program know whether there is a connection between the lines(representing the circuit) or not. Should i record all the coordinates of the end points of the lines in an array and then check them one by one?

You oughtta make a note that this thread is about figuring out how to program something and not how to analyze circuits.. I shied away from it at first in a deeply-rooted fear reaction to the word "circuit"

DAMN YOU, HONORS ELECTROMAGNETICS CLASS! AAAAHHHHRRRRGgglll

As for getting mouse input in your program.. it depends

What sort of GUI libraries are you using? I'd recommend talking to your professor for help on something that specific, or going to the documentation/forums of whatever programmin' libraries you're using

How to record connections between dots, eh? I'd say to just have a dynamic list of which dots are connected, but I think that someone would need more specific information to give you any really useful advice

Originally posted by bishwa
the main problem is software related.First of all i don't know how to establish connections of my program with the mouse(note: I'm a beginner for c++).

And the second problem is : how can i make the program know whether there is a connection between the lines(representing the circuit) or not. Should i record all the coordinates of the end points of the lines in an array and then check them one by one?

Hello,
Your using MVC++, you want to create a program. Dont panic its simple ok. 1st; you click file then new, alright. 2nd; Name your program e.g., what_ever_it_is.cpp, ok. 3rd; the software will make a blank sheet for you to write your code on. Finally, when you want to run yor program you must first compile it so that the computer will transform our english lang to computer lang for the computer to understand. Have you taken C, yet? I prefer C++ to C anyways. a lot easier for me.

Next help with your code! I personally would use either an array like your doing or the struct method but plotting all points will probably take up some of your time. Thats ok, with programming all you have is time so youll do just fine. May i suggest to visit this site http://www.cprogramming.com/links.html [Broken] and post your code there, those guys are C/C++/C## nerds and can help you probably more than I can. Dont forget when posting your code to use the html tags
Code:
your_mouse_code[code/] they like that makes your program easier to read and they makes them feel special, lol.
If you need more help or none of those nerds don't help you then post your code here and we'll figure it out together.
Later 
Dx :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Electrical Circuit Analysis with C++?

Electrical Circuit Analysis with C++ is a computer program that uses the C++ programming language to analyze and solve problems related to electrical circuits. It allows for the simulation and calculation of various circuit elements, such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors, and can be used to design and troubleshoot electrical systems.

2. How does C++ help with Electrical Circuit Analysis?

C++ is a powerful programming language that allows for the creation of complex algorithms and data structures. In the context of Electrical Circuit Analysis, it can be used to solve equations, perform numerical calculations, and create visual representations of circuit behavior. It also allows for the creation of user-friendly interfaces to input circuit parameters and display results.

3. What are the benefits of using C++ for Electrical Circuit Analysis?

C++ offers several advantages for Electrical Circuit Analysis, including its speed and efficiency in performing calculations, its ability to handle large amounts of data, and its flexibility in creating custom solutions for different types of circuits. It also has a large community of developers and resources available, making it a popular choice for scientific and engineering applications.

4. Is C++ difficult to learn for Electrical Circuit Analysis?

C++ can be challenging to learn for those without prior programming experience, but it is a highly versatile and widely used language that can be applied to many different fields. With the right resources and dedication, it is possible to become proficient in using C++ for Electrical Circuit Analysis.

5. Can Electrical Circuit Analysis with C++ be used for real-world applications?

Yes, Electrical Circuit Analysis with C++ can be used for real-world applications in various industries, including electrical engineering, computer engineering, and telecommunications. It can be used to design and analyze circuits for power systems, electronic devices, and communication networks, among others.