I don't think I ever said thank you

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thank you
In summary, a car pulled up, grabbed my 2 year old daughter, and took off. The kidnappers were my in-laws, so it's not quite as bad as it seems. I haven't seen her since October 6, 2002. I go to court to get her back on October 6, 2003.
tribdog
I was playing in the front yard with my daughter one day and a car pulled up, grabbed my 2 year old and took off. The kidnappers were my in-laws, so its not quite as bad as it seems. I wasn't named on my daughter's birth certificate, so my only LEGAL course of action is to go through the courts to get my daughter back. I haven't seen her since October 6, 2002. I go to court to get her back on October 6, 2003. 9 days from now. If any of you know God, put in a good word for me, please.
A few months ago I came and asked a bunch of questions about DNA testing. You all came through like troopers. Thanks for all the info.

PS 99.861% probablility that she's mine.

PSS Pioneer 10; launched in 72; 8 billion miles away, out of power, slowing down as if the pull from the sun is getting stronger the further away it gets? Discover Oct 2003 I sort of like this new gravity theory, dark matter always seemed a bit hokey anyway.

Physics news on Phys.org
I will cross my fingers for you. As someone who's gone through a rough custody battle over my daughter, I feel your pain. I wasn't able to see my daughter for a long time until I hired a very pricey lawyer(which I couldn't afford) and the judge basically threatened to throw her in jail if she ever kept her from me again. best of luck with the friend of no one. My battle was slightly easier as my daughter already has my last name.

Best of luck!

trib~i completely understand the custody battle thing...i am a mother who does not have physical custody, but luckily i have joint legal custody of my children...the ones who feel the pain the worst are the kids...if you have shown consistent parenting, stability and responsibility for your daughter in the past, chances are a judge could grant you the custody...the father of my children tried pulling some stunts without my children's best interest in mind, and was rightfully put in his place by the legal system...now 2 years later, my children see us both on a regular basis and are content with the situation...

Tribdog, good to hear the discussion was helpfull to you, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you until the 6th, hope that all goes well and turns out in your advantage (and your daughter's)!

Wish you all the luck in the world.

1. Does saying "thank you" really make a difference?

Yes, expressing gratitude can have a positive impact on both the giver and the receiver. Studies have shown that saying "thank you" can improve relationships, increase happiness, and even improve physical health.

2. Why do some people struggle to say "thank you"?

There are a variety of reasons why someone may find it difficult to express gratitude. Some individuals may struggle with feelings of inadequacy or fear of vulnerability. Others may have grown up in environments where saying thank you was not a common practice.

3. Is it important to say "thank you" even for small gestures?

Yes, showing gratitude for even the smallest acts of kindness can have a big impact. It not only acknowledges the effort made by the other person, but it also reinforces positive behavior and encourages future acts of kindness.

4. How can I show my gratitude if I struggle to say "thank you" verbally?

There are many ways to express gratitude beyond just saying "thank you." You can write a thank-you note, give a small gift, or perform an act of kindness in return. Find a method that feels comfortable for you and fits the situation.

5. Can saying "thank you" be insincere or overused?

While it is possible for someone to say "thank you" insincerely or excessively, the majority of people genuinely appreciate being thanked. It's important to be genuine and specific in your gratitude, rather than just saying the phrase out of habit.