Save our planet, what a bunch of hooey

• News
  • Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Planet
In summary, the hotel guest is asked not to use excess towels because it hurts the planet. The hotel guest thinks that this is a manipulative tactic to guilt trip the guest.
and how did you try to disprove it?

(and why would you spend several years of your life on this? don't you have a job?)

in addition to putting unemployed people to work pedalling bikes, how about we buy their newborn children, place them in vaults filled with embryonic fluid, and use their heartbeats for energy?

Physics news on Phys.org
I am sorry my choice of words was poor. in saying magnetic fild I menat to say magnetic polls.

I tryed to disprove my findings you know double checking. Also trying to disprove the math behind the Mayan Calender for one. It can not be done. Their good.

Originally posted by Zeropaxx
I am sorry my choice of words was poor. in saying magnetic fild I menat to say magnetic polls.
The magnetic p-o-l-e-s are a manifestation of the orientation of the magnetic field. But you knew that, right?

Is this your opinion?

Is this your opinion?
My opinion, which is the only one that really matters(LOL), is that your crackpot conspiracy pseudoscience belongs somewhere besides the Politics board.

Is this your opinion?
It's Faraday, Maxwell, Tesla, Feynman and everyone else who has ever worked on electromagnetism's. And the experiments have shown it to be pretty darn good...

Let's do this again. Why would magnetic field reversal cause an ice age?

save it for whom? Someone else will screw it up if we don't.

Let's get to work..there are redwoods to cut. BZZZZZ

Energy Conservation/Management Balance

I joined this site, after reading what I considered to be a preposterous, set of postulations regarding how much energy we would need to generate to be a class 3 or 4 species. The discussion was about the nature of the advance of civilization in the universe, and our place in that progression.

I know that this planet of ours has a variable mass, depending on how much water is stored as ice. The wetter we are, the more unstable we are. There are all these scientists in France concerned with the loss of weight of the Platinum Kilo, that defines the standard for one Kilo of weight worldwide. They say it is getting lighter and they want to know where the molecules have gone. I think that we slow the warmer and wetter we get, even in space our change in mass makes a difference. I think that we have slowed just enough to make huge changes. Even the tiniest slowing would increase global warming.

I think we are in a larger system, that counts on us being a regular object, in order for the whole solar system to do what it does. What happens in a system like ours when one player, changes the game? Don't the other forces at play, exert to return us to our proper state?

I think that life is more complex than can be easily defined, the astro geologist, who pointed out that the snowballs from space, could have over geologic time made the oceans, is on to the practical reality of the spread of life. I think that the happy German fellow, that digs up bacteria from the volcanic mud, and shows us how this one species is the ancestor of us all, is onto the way life persists. He shows that potentially in the edges of the magma planet wide, there is this very hardy bacterium, that shares no DNA with any other life form, but is in all life forms existing today.

I think life is a subtle phenomenon, that exists between the macro inclinations of the universe, and the micro phenomenon. That we wake up in this large ongoing, living solution here on Earth, is miracle enough for me. I sense it's magical quality, and feel that it should be maintained.

Statements like, we have to be able to make giga wads of energy to be someone in this celestial scenario, just make it easier for energy interests to play heroic, when they are really just picking the pockets of the future. We can't heat up this world, we should not control the weather, or anything else. We have the most minimal clue, at this point about the complex synergy of life here. I see things like the man who has studied squid all his life. There are films of the squid changing their surface color in an incredibly complex communication with others of their kind, and I am reminded that we are not the only game in town, just the most deadly.

Originally posted by Dayle Record
II know that this planet of ours has a variable mass, depending on how much water is stored as ice. The wetter we are, the more unstable we are.
No.

To be succinct, the rest of your post - also no.

But hey, welcome to PF. I recommend trying out some of our other forums where you can learn some physics.

just another two cents on my part.

Ok my Crakpot theory set aside. Let's save this mudd ball we call earth. I suggest building skyscaper sized air cleaners to take the pollution out of the air. Thats one idea.

How about figuring out what to do with Nuclear waste. in order to make Nuclear energy more safe we must be able to break it down into safer materials.

or

Cold Fusion - I don't know much on that subject, but from what I have been told, its a promising alternative.

in addition to putting unemployed people to work pedalling bikes, how about we buy their newborn children, place them in vaults filled with embryonic fluid, and use their heartbeats for energy?

I had considered that, but we'd need someway to keep there minds entertained. I also think that the system to entertain there minds would use far more energy then what we draw from them, so it wouldn't really work out.

Maybe when AI machines take over the world they can figure it out, huh?

ps. I didn't mean anything bad by suggesting people power, it could possibly work, maybe on small scale or something. See #4 in my previous post.

? How has this thread lasted so long in the politics forum?

Cold Fusion - I don't know much on that subject, but from what I have been told, its a promising alternative.

I think I'll let mr rumsfield answer this one for ya:

Well to politically save the world we need to start at home and close our boarders. let the rest of the world fend for it's self. Also the US needs to invade mexico and Canada, making them part of the US.

Well to politically save the world we need to start at home and close our boarders. let the rest of the world fend for it's self. Also the US needs to invade mexico and Canada, making them part of the US.
Uhhh...script for a new south park movie?

to zeropaxx

i have nothing against others views, and trying to prove others wrong is a waste of eveyones time. Although if we think so close mindedly about the rest of the world then we really are doomed. On the other hand if we continue to try and take over places and make them follow our beliefs we'll just enter into more war. So we need to find an equalibrium were we only help others as much as there willing to let us help them. On a final note i would appreciate if you would think more about what you say before you post it. You obviosly don't right now, you've had to change what you have said several times and correct yourself. All i ask is that you speak from your own soul and not from the defensive place that so many of us live in.

All i want is peace,
Laced Pacifist

Bottom line is that we need to fix our own problems at home be for we decided to go fixing others problems.

I mean we went looking for a fight in Iraq when we should have help cause a revolution. The strongest steel comes form the hottest fire.