PC Died: Mozilla Won't Run - Help Needed

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person's PC dying due to a faulty fan. They have since replaced the fan and everything is working except for Mozilla, which only shows a splash screen and does not open. They have tried various solutions such as reinstalling and deleting files, but have not had any success. Finally, someone suggests deleting specific files and reinstalling, which solves the issue.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
my PC died on me today due to fan not working, i have
renewed the fan and everything is working ok except
mozilla, all i get is the spash screen, clicking on the
mozilla icon does nothing, can anyone help please?

Computer science news on Phys.org
hi GREG
no reinstall does not work, i have tried deleting
the chrome rdf file but no joy
I'm using win XP and can't find any more
help.

Did you try to unistall it and remove the folder with all the settings. Also try going in the registry and manually removing the keys if there are any. Then try install it again.

magic, i had to delete "mozregistry" and "mozver", and
reinstall, thanks DDURADO.

1. Why is my PC not turning on?

There could be several reasons for this, such as a dead battery, faulty power supply, or a hardware issue. It is best to check all connections and try a different power source before seeking further assistance.

2. How can I fix the issue of Mozilla not running?

First, try restarting your computer and then opening Mozilla again. If that doesn't work, try updating the software or reinstalling it. If the problem persists, you may need to seek technical support.

3. What could have caused my PC to die?

There are a few common causes for a PC dying, such as overheating, power surges, or hardware failure. It is important to regularly maintain your computer and take precautions to prevent these issues.

4. How do I know if my PC's hardware is damaged?

If your PC is not turning on or is experiencing frequent crashes, it could be a sign of damaged hardware. It is best to seek professional assistance to diagnose and fix the issue.

5. Can I prevent my PC from dying in the future?

Yes, there are some steps you can take to prevent your PC from dying, such as regularly cleaning and maintaining it, using surge protectors, and avoiding overloading it with too many programs or tasks.