Is Star Trek a Reflection of Communist Ideals?

I love you anyway!"In summary, in the world of Star Trek, there is no money and people do things for each other. This was a conscious decision by creator Gene Roddenberry to depict a utopian future for all of humanity. However, in one of the films, when the crew returns to Earth, they are surprised to see people still using money. Additionally, in one episode, Captain Kirk is sent to the "salt mines" as punishment. This demonstrates that the society depicted in Star Trek is not without its flaws. Overall, Star Trek presents a positive outlook for the future, where humans have evolved beyond their current limitations and have created a society based on cooperation and mutual respect.
Originally posted by LURCH But the goerning body in all the Star Trek shows was the Federation Council which was, I believe, made up entirely of ellected officials.
The original show, the movies, and the subsequent spin off series, have all suffered from a confusion between what is Federation policy, what is Starfleet policy, and what is Earth Government policy. Except for the Prime Directive you'd be hrd pressed to say what policy any of these governing bodies held to.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by zoobyshoe
This is definitely true, except that his amusing way of always finding a Russian precident for things wasn't presented as nationalistic, rather it came off as a cultural chauvanism that could be chuckled at because he was "cute".
Yes, I think this sounds better than how I put it.

I believe Yaxitrake is the superstrong metal of which starship hulls are constructed. It is composed entirely of Yack; I think it's done in nm-thick layers of Yack fur layed cross-grained and held together with an epoxy resin.

I will say this once and only once. Your Wrong.

Originally posted by Andy
I will say this once and only once. Your Wrong.
Isn't "yaxitrake" that field of physics in which Einstein never had any influence?

Nope

yaxitrake explains why the SMURFs ARE communist