Equation with 3 unknowns. how do i find the maximum solution using matlab?

In summary, the conversation is about finding the maximum solution of an equation with 3 unknowns using MATLAB. The equation is provided, along with the limits for the unknown variables. The person is looking for help on how to get the maximum F value. The suggested solution is to assign values to the variables and use MATLAB to calculate the maximum F value.
student36
Equation with 3 unknowns. how do i find the maximum solution using matlab??

Hello,

Im stuck in matlab, i have an equation with 3 unknowns. how can i get the maximum answer possible? Is there a way with a 3D graph??

Equation:

F = ( sqrt((b^2 + c^2) -(2b c cos(y))) x M ) / (b c sin(y))

I have M as an answer in terms of y. its <1 x 111 double >

I have the following limits: 0<b<6 , 0<c<6 and 0<y<110

I am looking to get the maximum F, any help is appreciated thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

student36 said:
Hello,

Im stuck in matlab, i have an equation with 3 unknowns. how can i get the maximum answer possible? Is there a way with a 3D graph??

Equation:

F = ( sqrt((b^2 + c^2) -(2b c cos(y))) x M ) / (b c sin(y))

I have M as an answer in terms of y. its <1 x 111 double >

I have the following limits: 0<b<6 , 0<c<6 and 0<y<110

I am looking to get the maximum F, any help is appreciated thanks!
b=10;
c=10;
y=10;
M=11;
f=(sqrt((b.^2 + c.^2)-(2*b*c*cos(y)))*M)/(b*c*sin(y));

Hope this will help you out.

Related to Equation with 3 unknowns. how do i find the maximum solution using matlab?

1. What is an equation with 3 unknowns?

An equation with 3 unknowns is a mathematical expression that contains 3 variables or quantities that are not given or known. These unknowns are usually represented by letters such as x, y, and z.

2. How do I solve an equation with 3 unknowns?

To solve an equation with 3 unknowns, you need to have at least 3 equations with the same 3 unknowns. You can then use techniques such as substitution or elimination to find the values of the unknowns that satisfy all 3 equations.

3. What is the maximum solution of an equation with 3 unknowns?

The maximum solution of an equation with 3 unknowns is the set of values for the unknowns that produces the highest possible result when substituted into the equation. It represents the optimal solution for the given equation.

4. How do I find the maximum solution using Matlab?

To find the maximum solution using Matlab, you can use the "fmincon" function. This function allows you to input the equation with 3 unknowns and constraints, and it will calculate the maximum solution using optimization techniques.

5. Can I find multiple solutions to an equation with 3 unknowns using Matlab?

Yes, you can find multiple solutions to an equation with 3 unknowns using Matlab. However, it will depend on the complexity of the equation and the constraints you set. In some cases, there may be no solution or only one possible solution.