What will your legacies be?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation touched on various topics such as legacies, physics theories, conquering mental illness, experiencing different perspectives, realizing God, and helping others. The speaker also mentioned being young and foolish, but also trying to make a positive impact and acknowledging their own mistakes. They also shared a bit of self-deprecating humor.
Loren Booda
My legacies?

Having truly known and loved some, even though sometimes wishing to be known and loved by all.

Some neat physics theories.

A reputation for being kind and fair to those for whom the world was not.

Conquering mental illness.

Loving, losing and winning.

Experiencing other spaces, times and logics with physical self firmly earthbound.

Realizing God, at least for myself.

Physics news on Phys.org
Busted her guts in trying and made a couple of baby steps towards the ultimate realisation. Will definitely come back for more practise and was particularly grateful for all the afflications along the way for they made her.

Young, stupid and full of fun.

Not intentionally hurting anyone.
Standing up for the elderly on public transport.
Helping women with prams negotiate stairs.

Can't think of much else, unfortunately. Pretty lame, I have to say. :frown:

Pretty lame, I have to say.
Not so to a particular elder or lady with child. :smile:

cragwolf said:
Not intentionally hurting anyone.
Standing up for the elderly on public transport.
Helping women with prams negotiate stairs.
I think that's pretty great cragwolf. :smile:

slacker to the end

I send people to the alcoholics anonymous. jimmy lol, you crack me up.

What is meant by "Our legacies to this world"?

"Our legacies to this world" refers to the impact that we leave behind on the world after we are gone. This can include our contributions, achievements, and actions that have lasting effects on society and the environment.

Why is it important to think about our legacies?

Thinking about our legacies allows us to reflect on our actions and how they will be remembered. It can also motivate us to make positive contributions to society and leave a lasting impact that we can be proud of.

What are some examples of legacies?

Some examples of legacies include inventions, scientific discoveries, artistic works, philanthropy, and social movements. It can also include the impact we have on individuals through our relationships and interactions with them.

How can we ensure that our legacies have a positive impact?

We can ensure that our legacies have a positive impact by being mindful of our actions and considering their long-term effects. This can involve making ethical and responsible choices, being a good role model, and contributing to causes that align with our values.

Can our legacies change over time?

Yes, our legacies can change over time as society and our understanding of the world evolves. It is important to regularly reassess our actions and contributions to ensure that they continue to align with our values and have a positive impact.