What are some common clothing preferences and challenges faced by individuals?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: I don't think I've ever skated in high heels, but I've skated in ice skates a bunch. Jeans are wonderful invention, I wear nothing else, they come in all colors, my favorites are black, white and blue, they come in many different styles, but its getting hard to them with buttons, which i prefer. I don't like shoes, if I'm not in trainers i wear ankle length pull on boots, but they are getting hard to find. I go clothes shopping about once every four years because i hate shopping, and it drives me nuts going from shop to shop looking for my type of clothes
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Jeans a wonderful invention, i wear nothing else, they
come in all colors, my favorites are black, white and
blue, they come in many different styles, but its getting
hard to them with buttons, which i prefer.
i don't like shoes, if I'm not in trainers i wear ankle
length pull on boots, but they are getting hard to
find.
i don't like shirts, i always wear T shirts, but its
getting hard to find them without logos.
i go clothes shopping about once every four years
because i hate shopping, and it drives me nuts
going from shop to shop looking for my type of
clothes. how about you?

Physics news on Phys.org
I like velcro shoes

I just immerse myself in quick-drying latex first thing Monday morning. Friday night I peel it off. The weekend is spent furiously scratching my naked body, and Monday starts it all over again!

Njorl

Jeans are the ultimate trousers. I don't think I have worn any other kind of casual trousers since I was 11... 8 years of jeans.

I always wear t-shirts with funny comments on them because not many of my friends have them, and they always wonder where i got them from.

I also own a pair of velcro shoes which i think are classy.

I used to have the same problem Njorl, but then i decided to paint my clothes on instead until I was arrested.

Jeans are the greatest invention. One of the most important things I consider when taking any new job is how often I can wear them to my job. I have turned down jobs because they would not allow denim. T-shirts are the next greatest piece of clothing, and my closet is full of T's--what's weird is lately I have had a liking for striped t's??

In spring, fall and winter...Jeans, sweatshirts, warm socks with Bass clogs. In summer...Shorts, tube or tank tops with Bass sandals. Guess I like Bass shoes. :biggrin: At work I wear hospital scrubs (basically pajamas) and soft clogs. I think I have a dress somewhere. I fall off of high heels. Any of you guys have that problem? :rofl:
wolram said:
...i always wear T shirts, but its
getting hard to find them without logos.
http://twistedtoad.com/blank-t-shirts.html

Last edited by a moderator:
bass shoes and shirts are great! oregon has several bass outlets. as for shoes, i have 3 pairs of merrills (those jungle mocs) which i wear every chance i get.

Mostly, I just wear jeans and khakis. I wear the khakis because of work, though.

Tsunami said:
In spring, fall and winter...Jeans, sweatshirts, warm socks with Bass clogs. In summer...Shorts, tube or tank tops with Bass sandals. Guess I like Bass shoes. :biggrin: At work I wear hospital scrubs (basically pajamas) and soft clogs. I think I have a dress somewhere. I fall off of high heels. Any of you guys have that problem? :rofl:

The nearest i have been to wearing high heels is when i tried
ice skating, how do people stay up on those things, within five
minutes i had bruises everywhere.

Last jeans I owned was in 1993. I was walking along the side of a highway in California, and decided my pack was too heavy, and started throwing things in the bin. That was the last time I ever had jeans. Now it's just monkey-suits for work, shorts or track pants for home.

I can't live without a good pair of jeans. An absoltue necessity.. as for the shoes I wear pumas coz they are without a doubt the most comfy shoes around.. and they come in wikid colours. i used to like diesel but their new range is just so blah! have u guyz seen them... yuck.,

I like Puma's. I was looking real hard to find a pair of white Puma Sprints (with RED stripes) but they never have any in my size :(

I've never been that fond of jeans. I was a teen during the designer jeans craze, and I could never find any jeans that fit right. I was an avid biker, and each of my thighs was as big as my waist. No Jourdache or Calvin Cline's for me. Even Wrangler and Lee changed their cut to be unwearable. I suppose nowadays I could have bought them 8 sizes too big and let them hang off my ass. I'd be a fashion plate! Now, I go right from sweats to dress pants.

Cut-off sweats are best things in the world. They're even better than sitting around in your underwear because they stop the backs of your thighs from sticking to the furniture!

Njorl

wolram-
Ice skates + Tsunami => not a pretty picture. The comparison of ice skates to high heels is a good one. They feel about the same to me. :rolleyes:

Njorl-
I thought all you wore was a red jumpsuit! :biggrin:

Tsunami said:
In spring, fall and winter...Jeans, sweatshirts, warm socks with Bass clogs. In summer...Shorts, tube or tank tops with Bass sandals. Guess I like Bass shoes. :biggrin: At work I wear hospital scrubs (basically pajamas) and soft clogs. I think I have a dress somewhere. I fall off of high heels.
Geez, we really are twins! I've stopped wearing high heels.

Evo said:
I've stopped wearing high heels.

So have I.

Evo said:
Geez, we really are twins! I've stopped wearing high heels.
Yeah? :surprise:(NOT!) :rofl:
And YOU swear like a sailor, TOO? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1. What is the history behind the invention of jeans?

The invention of jeans can be traced back to the late 1800s when Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis created the first pair of blue jeans. They were originally designed for miners and workers who needed durable clothing. The idea of using metal rivets to reinforce the pockets and seams was Davis' innovation, while Strauss provided the fabric and manufacturing expertise. Over time, jeans became popular among all social classes and have since evolved into a fashion staple.

2. What makes jeans so durable?

Jeans are made from a sturdy cotton twill fabric, which is woven in a diagonal pattern, making it stronger and more resistant to tears and fraying. Additionally, the use of metal rivets and reinforced stitching in key areas like pockets and seams adds to the durability of jeans.

3. How have jeans evolved over time?

While the original design of jeans has remained relatively unchanged, there have been various innovations and adaptations over the years. For example, in the 1930s, the iconic denim jacket was introduced, and in the 1950s, the popular style of denim jeans with a zipper fly and straight leg became widely available. In recent years, there has been an increase in eco-friendly and sustainable denim production, as well as the introduction of stretch denim for added comfort.

4. Are there different types of jeans for different body types?

Yes, there are several different styles of jeans that cater to different body types. Some popular styles include straight leg, bootcut, skinny, and boyfriend jeans. Each style has its own fit and silhouette, so it's important to try on different styles to find the one that best flatters your body type.

5. Can jeans be considered a sustainable fashion choice?

While the production of denim does have an environmental impact, there are ways to make jeans more sustainable. Some brands use organic cotton, recycled materials, and eco-friendly production processes. It's also important to invest in high-quality jeans that will last longer and reduce the need for frequent replacements. Additionally, taking care of your jeans by washing them less frequently and donating or repurposing them when they no longer fit can also make them a more sustainable fashion choice.