Engineering Calculator application for iPhone

In summary, Engineering Calculator for iPhone, iPad and iPod is a professional tool for native engineering calculations with units. It also includes reference tables for structural engineers. This is a unique feature of the app. It can recognize and analyze units on the fly. In version 2.40 coming this week, there will be the ability to calculate special things like areas of shapes by coordinates, or for triangles by its side lengths and linear interpolation.
Elitsio
Check out Engineering Calculator for iPhone, iPad and iPod. A professional tool for native engineering calculations with units.

It also includes reference tables for structural engineers with elements that can be inserted in calculations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
That's pretty nifty. I get a little grossed out by touch screens though. That's of course, my own personal issue. I'm a big believer of my HP 35s.

It looks very clean.

Thank you. Here's one more screen shot with a deflection calculation.

Did you code this?

I like that is follows a nice color scheme similar to the HP's.

Does it accept RPN?

Last edited:
Yes, I am the developer. No, Engineering Calculator does not accept RPN.

The unique feature is that it can recognize and analyze units on the fly. So, for instance, it knows if you are adding arguments of the same unit, even if these arguments are expressed differently.

Also, in the version coming this week, there will be the ability to calculate special things like areas of shapes by coordinates, or for triangles by its side lengths and linear interpolation. As a general rule, all these functions can also accept units!

Here's an example of real time unit recognition. The screenshots are from version v2.40 coming this week on AppStore (hopefully).

Taping on "analyze" on second screenshot, cycles through all possible unit combinations of the same result. It now shows it in MPa units.

That's very interesting. I can see not accepting RPN being a bit of a bummer for some, but more and more people don't use it.

If there are multiple units with different magnitudes, ie km and cm's, will it side with what the resulting unit is SUPPOSED to be, or is there an option for it to spit out units of the desired form?

HI https://www.physicsforums.com/members/elitsio.483036/
It must be a genuine application, not an imitating of a physical calculator. A physical calculator has restrictions, in button layout. You’d be amazed at what number of bugs can crop up in a calculator app. Apple’s built-in calculator could not even mange with π appropriately when version 2.0 was released. Apps like Graphics can be exceptionally valuable, particularly to understudies.
Thanks
zarajohn@

Related to Engineering Calculator application for iPhone

What is an Engineering Calculator application for iPhone?

An Engineering Calculator application for iPhone is a software program that allows users to perform various engineering calculations on their iPhone. It can be used for tasks such as solving equations, converting units, and performing complex calculations.

How can an Engineering Calculator application benefit me as a scientist?

An Engineering Calculator application can benefit you as a scientist by providing you with a convenient and accurate tool for performing complex calculations. It can save you time and effort, and can also help prevent errors in your calculations.

Are there any limitations to an Engineering Calculator application for iPhone?

Yes, there may be some limitations to an Engineering Calculator application for iPhone. The accuracy of the calculations may be affected by the hardware and software limitations of the iPhone, and it may not be suitable for performing extremely complex calculations.

Is there a cost for using an Engineering Calculator application for iPhone?

It depends on the specific application. Some Engineering Calculator applications may be free to download, while others may require a one-time purchase or a subscription fee. It is important to research and compare different options before choosing an application.

Are there any alternative options to using an Engineering Calculator application for iPhone?

Yes, there are alternative options such as using a physical calculator or a web-based calculator on your iPhone's browser. However, an Engineering Calculator application may offer more features and convenience compared to these alternatives. It is ultimately up to personal preference and the specific needs of the user.