Engineer Interview Help: Ask Your Questions Here

In summary, the conversation is about an individual looking for help with an interview for their Principles of Engineering class. They are asking for information such as the interviewee's name, degree, place of employment, and job title, as well as their educational background and advice. However, the thread is closed due to a change in policy regarding interview threads and the request for private information.
INC Dalton
Engineer Interview! (Please Help!)

Hi everyone. I'm supposed to do an interview for my Principles of Engineering class. If anyone wants to help out that'd be great!

Interviewee Name:
Interviewee's Specific Degree:
Place of Employment:
Email Address or Phone:

Please describe your engineering field:

What is your current job title:

Please describe your particular jobs and duties:

What is your average work schedule:

Starting with high school, describe your educational background chronologically:

If you could do it over, education wise, would you do anything differently:

What advice could you give me:

Thanks for the help!

Engineering news on Phys.org

Sorry, we no longer allow interview threads here on the PF. Your asking for all that private information is a key reason that threads like this are no longer allowed.

Thread closed.

Related to Engineer Interview Help: Ask Your Questions Here

1. What type of questions should I expect in an engineer interview?

The questions in an engineer interview will vary depending on the specific job and company, but they will likely cover technical skills, problem-solving abilities, teamwork, and communication skills. You may also be asked about your past experiences and how you handle challenges and conflicts in the workplace.

2. How can I prepare for an engineer interview?

To prepare for an engineer interview, you should research the company and the job position, review your technical knowledge and skills, practice answering common interview questions, and prepare examples of your past projects and accomplishments. It can also be helpful to practice problem-solving and critical thinking exercises.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid in an engineer interview?

Some common mistakes to avoid in an engineer interview include not researching the company beforehand, not being familiar with your own resume and experiences, giving vague or irrelevant answers, and not asking thoughtful questions. It is also important to dress appropriately and arrive on time.

4. What should I bring to an engineer interview?

You should bring a few copies of your resume, a pen and notebook to take notes, and any relevant materials such as a portfolio or projects you have worked on. It is also a good idea to have a list of questions prepared to ask the interviewer.

5. How can I stand out in an engineer interview?

To stand out in an engineer interview, you can showcase your technical skills, highlight your problem-solving abilities, and provide specific examples of your past experiences and accomplishments. It is also important to demonstrate good communication skills, show enthusiasm and passion for the job, and ask thoughtful questions about the company and the position.