Treasure Planet: Love it or Hate it?

• Thread starter Dx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Planet
In summary, The conversation was about the movie Treasure Planet, with one person mentioning they got it for free on Kazaa. There was a discussion about the legality of Kazaa and recommendations for a better chat service, Direct Connect. One person liked the movie while the other thought it was just alright, but both agreed that the song "I'm Still Here" was a highlight.
Dx
[SOLVED] Treasure Planet!

Did you like it or hate it? My daughter loves it and I love the song "Im still Here!" got it free at kazaa.:wink:
Later ppls
Dx :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
this thread is almost as sad as that movie...

Originally posted by Dx
...got it free at kazaa.:wink:

Dx :wink:

is kazaa legal? (not that i have any moral objections, but i'd like to check it out)

To my knowledge, it is not illegal.

But get Kazaa lite if you check it out. I've heard other versions have spyware installed as well.

I also know that the supreme court ruled that isp's have to release info to label companys (music & movies) about people downloading things like this.

Direct Connect is much better, and is a chat service 1st and foremost.

You can find it at www.neo-modus.com

Originally posted by Dx
Did you like it or hate it?

I though it was alright, for a kid's movie. My little sister loved it.

I love the song "Im still Here!"

Yeah, that song was awesome (the highlight of the movie, IMO).

1. What is the premise of "Treasure Planet"?

"Treasure Planet" is an animated Disney film that tells the story of a young boy named Jim Hawkins who sets out on a space adventure to find the legendary Treasure Planet, where he believes he will find his fortune and save his family's failing inn.

2. Is "Treasure Planet" considered a successful film?

While it received mixed reviews upon its release, "Treasure Planet" has gained a cult following and is considered a success in terms of its animation, storytelling, and musical score. However, it did not perform well at the box office, making it a commercial failure for Disney.

3. What makes "Treasure Planet" unique compared to other Disney films?

"Treasure Planet" stands out from other Disney films because it combines traditional 2D animation with 3D computer animation, creating a unique and visually stunning world. It also takes the classic story of "Treasure Island" and puts a sci-fi spin on it, making it a fresh and exciting adventure.

4. Why do some people love "Treasure Planet" while others hate it?

One of the main reasons for the divide in opinions about "Treasure Planet" is its departure from the typical Disney formula. Some people appreciate its unique storytelling and visually stunning animation, while others criticize it for straying too far from the source material and not being as memorable as other Disney classics.

5. Is "Treasure Planet" suitable for all ages?

"Treasure Planet" is rated PG and contains some mild violence and intense scenes, so it may not be suitable for very young children. However, it is generally considered a family-friendly film that can be enjoyed by both children and adults.