EMC Career Guide: Get Advice & Make the Most of Your Experience in USA

• Thread starter nuclear007
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career
In summary: It's a set of requirements for safety that applies to many types of aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
nuclear007
Dear members

I need guidance, advice greatly appreciated. Idid bachelor in physics and MS in nuclear Engg. Then have experience in EMC/EMI which lacks DO-160 experience and some other standards being used in USA. Now I am settled in US
How Can I make my EMC experience applicable to US by some extra certificate or Master. I am also interested in programming or there is is any programmin certificates with which I can help me apply to EMC jobs and use my experience also.

Thanks please advise me what should i do.

Physics news on Phys.org
nuclear007 said:
Dear members

I need guidance, advice greatly appreciated. Idid bachelor in physics and MS in nuclear Engg. Then have experience in EMC/EMI which lacks DO-160 experience and some other standards being used in USA. Now I am settled in US
How Can I make my EMC experience applicable to US by some extra certificate or Master. I am also interested in programming or there is is any programmin certificates with which I can help me apply to EMC jobs and use my experience also.

Thanks please advise me what should i do.

Welcome to the PF.

I'm not familiar with DO-160. What is it applicable to?

I work mostly with the EN- standards (they tend to be world-wide standards), applicable to Information Technology Equipment (ITE).

Having a good RF background is really key in EMC work, both for solving EMI problems, and for understanding how to design products to be able to handle electrical transients.

Emc

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

I'm not familiar with DO-160. What is it applicable to?

I work mostly with the EN- standards (they tend to be world-wide standards), applicable to Information Technology Equipment (ITE).

Having a good RF background is really key in EMC work, both for solving EMI problems, and for understanding how to design products to be able to handle electrical transients.

DO-160 IS a standard for airborne objects

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to EMC Career Guide: Get Advice & Make the Most of Your Experience in USA

What is the purpose of "EMC Career Guide: Get Advice & Make the Most of Your Experience in USA"?

The purpose of "EMC Career Guide: Get Advice & Make the Most of Your Experience in USA" is to provide guidance and tips for individuals looking to build their careers in the United States. It offers advice on various aspects such as job searching, networking, resume building, and professional development.

Who can benefit from reading "EMC Career Guide: Get Advice & Make the Most of Your Experience in USA"?

This guide is beneficial for anyone who is looking to start or advance their career in the United States, including international students, recent graduates, and professionals from other countries.

What topics are covered in "EMC Career Guide: Get Advice & Make the Most of Your Experience in USA"?

The guide covers a wide range of topics including job searching strategies, building a professional network, interview tips, resume and cover letter writing, workplace culture in the US, and professional development opportunities.

Are there any specific tips for international students in "EMC Career Guide: Get Advice & Make the Most of Your Experience in USA"?

Yes, the guide offers specific tips for international students such as navigating the US job market, understanding cultural differences in the workplace, and obtaining work authorization and visas.

Is "EMC Career Guide: Get Advice & Make the Most of Your Experience in USA" only applicable to certain industries?

No, the guide offers general career advice that can be applied to various industries. However, it does include some industry-specific tips and resources for fields such as technology, finance, and healthcare.