Brain Teaser that is impossibly solvable

• Thread starter kinnabird5
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, after a conversation about a problem given by a teacher, it is concluded that the problem is mathematically impossible. Although some suggestions were made, it was eventually determined that a continuous curve cannot pass through all the sides of the rectangles without breaking or overlapping, making it unsolvable.
i have a new one with all lines but it adds up to 17? maybe unsolvable

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
cristo said:
Nope... you missed a side. It is impossible!
I'd second that.

Why doesn't someone make a computer program to see if its solvable? might be easier and it could do calculations or attempts hundreds of times faster than us.

Sting1974 said:
Why doesn't someone make a computer program to see if its solvable? might be easier and it could do calculations or attempts hundreds of times faster than us.

Because that would be entirely pointless, for as it has been said numerous times in this thread it is simply not possible.

This thing is like crack cocaine! I don't know what its called so I just call it Mind Crack. I've been doing this puzzle for about 6 months now and haven't figured it out. It was shown to me by a neighbor who says he's seen the answer but had been done on a computer. Whether that's true or not I do not know. Seeing as he's an alcoholic but still. If anyone has the true answer. Quit hiding it and reveil it! Because I am sure there is otehr people out there that are craving to know the answer!

...Mind Crack

MindCrack said:
This thing is like crack cocaine! I don't know what its called so I just call it Mind Crack. I've been doing this puzzle for about 6 months now and haven't figured it out. It was shown to me by a neighbor who says he's seen the answer but had been done on a computer. Whether that's true or not I do not know. Seeing as he's an alcoholic but still. If anyone has the true answer. Quit hiding it and reveil it! Because I am sure there is otehr people out there that are craving to know the answer!

...Mind Crack

Why don't you read the n posts above telling you that this is impossible! There's a proof of this in one of the early replies.

Icarus said:
I've removed my posting of the solution so that anyone who wants to follow up on baffledMatt's excellent insight will have a chance to do so!

i want to see your solution...

i want to see your soltution to this problem.i have been trying for 2 years and still can not seem to find any answer

mhhottie111 said:
i want to see your soltution to this problem.i have been trying for 2 years and still can not seem to find any answer
As has been said many, many times before (and proven once), this problem has no solutions. Therefore, it serves no purpose to continue to seek solutions to this problem and hence any discussion on the topic is also useless.

Thread closed.

<h2>1. What is a "Brain Teaser that is impossibly solvable"? </h2><p> A "Brain Teaser that is impossibly solvable" is a type of puzzle or problem that may seem impossible to solve at first, but actually has a logical solution. It requires creative and critical thinking to solve and often involves thinking outside of the box.</p><h2>2. Why are "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable" popular? </h2><p> "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable" are popular because they challenge our minds and can be a fun way to exercise our problem-solving skills. They also provide a sense of satisfaction when we are able to solve them.</p><h2>3. How can I improve my ability to solve "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable"? </h2><p> To improve your ability to solve "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable", you can practice regularly and try to approach problems from different angles. It can also be helpful to work with others and discuss different strategies and thought processes.</p><h2>4. Are there any benefits to solving "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable"? </h2><p> Yes, there are many benefits to solving "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable". It can improve critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and creativity. It can also help with memory and cognitive function.</p><h2>5. Can anyone solve "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable"? </h2><p> Yes, anyone can solve "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable" with practice and determination. It is not about being naturally good at solving puzzles, but rather about developing the skills and strategies needed to approach these types of problems.</p>

1. What is a "Brain Teaser that is impossibly solvable"?

A "Brain Teaser that is impossibly solvable" is a type of puzzle or problem that may seem impossible to solve at first, but actually has a logical solution. It requires creative and critical thinking to solve and often involves thinking outside of the box.

2. Why are "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable" popular?

"Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable" are popular because they challenge our minds and can be a fun way to exercise our problem-solving skills. They also provide a sense of satisfaction when we are able to solve them.

3. How can I improve my ability to solve "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable"?

To improve your ability to solve "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable", you can practice regularly and try to approach problems from different angles. It can also be helpful to work with others and discuss different strategies and thought processes.

4. Are there any benefits to solving "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable"?

Yes, there are many benefits to solving "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable". It can improve critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and creativity. It can also help with memory and cognitive function.

5. Can anyone solve "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable"?

Yes, anyone can solve "Brain Teasers that are impossibly solvable" with practice and determination. It is not about being naturally good at solving puzzles, but rather about developing the skills and strategies needed to approach these types of problems.