Saddam Captured: Real or Look-Alike?

• Thread starter Inquiring_Mike
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Capture
In summary, there has been a debate over the authenticity of Saddam Hussein's capture, with some questioning if he is the real Saddam or a look-alike brought in by the U.S. government. However, DNA tests have confirmed his identity. Some suggest that the timing of his capture and potential trial may be politically motivated for the upcoming election. Others point out that his capture alone may be enough for some voters to support the current administration. Additionally, there is discussion about Saddam's appearance, with some comparing him to Gandalf or Charles Manson.
Inquiring_Mike
Looks like they caught him... However, I think the real question should be: Is this the real saddam, or is this a look-alike that the U.S. government has brought into justify their presence in Iraq?

Physics news on Phys.org
DNA tests have made a positive identification :)

Yes... DNA tests done by the US government...

It seems like a loooooooooong time to wait to bring up a fake saddam. If they really wanted to get a fake one to justify their existence in iraq they would have done it a long time ago, the war was officially decalared over in may afterall.

Originally posted by wasteofo2
It seems like a loooooooooong time to wait to bring up a fake saddam. If they really wanted to get a fake one to justify their existence in iraq they would have done it a long time ago, the war was officially decalared over in may afterall.
That depends...this way, we can expect a trial for political purposes right before next year's $election.

Originally posted by Zero
That depends...this way, we can expect a trial for political purposes right before next year's $election.

True, but if that happens and he's killed all the left wingers who are against the death penalty will be all pissed and be sure to get out and vote on top of the democrats who already were going to.

Even if he is killed, its not like the US government will be on the jury... I don't think that they would have anything to do with his sentencing... So, what happens to him shouldn't have any effect on the election...But,the fact that he was caught, that provides the "justification" that is needed to help win some votes...

Under bush, saddam was captured. And due to his capture, he was put to death, under bush. And in Saddam's case, he's not going to be tried before a jury of random americans if he's even tried in america.

Alright... I'll agree with you, indirectly he could be associated with his putting to death... Still, I'm not sure if it will have any negative effects on the election (in Bush's perspective).

Now that we have Saddam, all we need to do is to capture Osama Bin Laden and crush Al Qaeda.

Originally posted by Inquiring_Mike
Yes... DNA tests done by the US government...
In your case they would've found him dead, not alive.

After months of searching they finally found the guy who had nothing to do with September 11.

On another note, he looks more like Gandalf to me.

Originally posted by The_Professional
After months of searching they finally found the guy who had nothing to do with September 11.

ROFL, big ass nose.

Originally posted by The_Professional

That is a keen observation. Perhaps a process of elimination is being employeed?

Anyway, I knew there was something familiar about his look but couldn't figure out what it was. You have solved the mystery for me, thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
That's odd; I imediately associated him with Charkes Manson!

1. Is it really Saddam Hussein who was captured?

Yes, it has been confirmed by multiple sources, including the Iraqi government and the US military, that the man captured on December 13, 2003 was indeed Saddam Hussein.

2. How can we be sure that it is not a look-alike or a body double?

The US military conducted DNA tests on the captured individual, comparing it to DNA samples from Saddam Hussein's family members, and the results showed a match with a high degree of certainty.

3. Why did it take so long for Saddam to be captured?

Saddam Hussein was a master of disguise and was known to frequently change his appearance. Additionally, he had a network of loyal supporters who helped him evade capture for many years.

4. What was the significance of capturing Saddam Hussein?

Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator who committed numerous human rights violations and was responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. His capture was a major victory for the US and its allies in the Iraq War and was seen as a step towards stabilizing the region.

5. What happened to Saddam Hussein after he was captured?

After his capture, Saddam Hussein was put on trial by the Iraqi government for crimes against humanity and was ultimately sentenced to death by hanging. He was executed on December 30, 2006.