Electron density as a function of time

In summary, the conversation is about finding the time-dependent continuity equation for electron densities in the atmosphere. The person is asking for help and is looking for a good link or equation to get started. They mention having the density of electrons and being able to calculate the magnetic force, but need to see the equation for this specific problem. They also mention that the equation should look something like n_e(t)=n_e0*..., and ask for clarification on assumptions.
Imagin_e

Homework Statement

Hi!
I really need help with finding time- dependent continuity equation for electron densities in the atmosphere. I've tried to solve it without any success. My question is if someone can give me a good link/link or equations that I can start with.

Homework Equations

See above. I already have the density of the electrons and I can calculate the magnetic force etc. But I need to see how the equation for this problem looks like. I assume that it should be something like
n_e(t)=n_e0*...
Thanks!

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to define the problem, stating assumptions.

Related to Electron density as a function of time

1. What is electron density as a function of time?

Electron density as a function of time refers to the spatial distribution of electrons in a given system at different points in time. It is a measure of the probability of finding an electron in a specific region of space at a specific point in time.

2. Why is electron density as a function of time important?

Electron density as a function of time is important because it provides valuable information about the behavior and properties of a system. It can help us understand the reactivity, stability, and electronic structure of molecules and materials.

3. How is electron density as a function of time calculated?

Electron density as a function of time is typically calculated using quantum mechanical methods, such as density functional theory or Hartree-Fock theory. These methods use mathematical equations to describe the behavior of electrons in a system and calculate the probability of finding them in different regions of space.

4. How does electron density change over time?

The electron density of a system can change over time due to various factors, such as chemical reactions, external forces, or changes in temperature. These changes can result in a redistribution of electrons, leading to a different electron density as a function of time.

5. What can we learn from studying electron density as a function of time?

Studying electron density as a function of time can provide insights into the electronic structure and reactivity of molecules and materials. It can also help us understand the behavior of these systems under different conditions and guide the design of new materials with specific properties.