Electromedical engineer interview

In summary, the conversation discussed a job interview for an entry level electromedical engineer position involving installation, maintenance, and repair of medical imaging machines. The interviewee was seeking advice on what questions to expect and shared their background in engineering. They also discussed potential career paths and mentioned the typical HR questions that might be asked. The conversation ended with a question about salary and the interviewee considering a different career path.
fremble
Hi guys!

I have an interview tomorrow for the post of an electromedical engineer where the job would deal with installation + maintenance and repair of medical imaging machines like CT scan, X-ray machine, Ultrasound, MRI etc.

It is an entry level job & training would be provided if selected.

I was just wondering what sort of qns i should be expecting at the interview.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
if i may add, the interview is with the engineering dept.
thanks

Hey fremble I don't have a answer to your question but the job posting seems very interesting. It looks close to what I want to pursue as a career as far as what you described, maybe more on the R&D side. Can you elaborate more on your education background? So far I am interested in an M.S. in medical physics but need to decide on a major/minor first. I am thinking a major in biomedical engineering and minor in physics.

Hey zman35.
I've done my B.Eng in Electrical and Electronics.
As per my experience, this degree can lead to a lot of paths in the future.
May it be power engineer, electromedical engineer, Telecomm engineer etc
Have you spoken to any university department lecturers/heads about your interest and how best to take things at the undergrad. level?

My guess at some of the technical questions would involve how do the machines that you'll be working on work?

There'll be the usual HR type questions too... Why do you want to work here? What makes you a good candidate? etc... What do you know about our company...?

How much does such a job pay?

I'm thinking of leaving medical physics.

Related to Electromedical engineer interview

1. What is an electromedical engineer?

An electromedical engineer is a specialized type of engineer that focuses on designing, developing, and maintaining medical equipment that uses electricity, such as MRI machines, pacemakers, and other diagnostic and therapeutic devices.

2. What qualifications are required to become an electromedical engineer?

To become an electromedical engineer, one typically needs a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field. Some employers may also require a master's degree or specialized training in medical equipment design and technology. Additionally, obtaining professional certifications can demonstrate proficiency and expertise in the field.

3. What skills are important for an electromedical engineer to have?

Some important skills for an electromedical engineer include a strong understanding of electrical engineering principles, problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a team. Knowledge of medical regulations and safety standards is also important in this field.

4. What types of projects do electromedical engineers typically work on?

Electromedical engineers can work on a variety of projects, ranging from designing and testing new medical equipment to improving and maintaining existing devices. They may also collaborate with other engineers and healthcare professionals to develop innovative solutions for medical technology.

5. What are some current trends in the field of electromedical engineering?

Some current trends in electromedical engineering include the development of wearable medical devices, advancements in medical imaging technology, and the integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning in medical equipment. There is also a growing focus on developing more sustainable and environmentally-friendly medical devices.