Electromagnetism homework check

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help with an assignment and another person providing feedback and suggestions. They discuss inconsistencies in diagrams and answers, and clarify concepts related to the assignment. The person providing feedback also points out a multiple choice question that may have been answered incorrectly.
Sullo
Hello.

I have an assignment to submit and I really want to get full marks/know where I went wrong

If anyone has a tiny bit of free time would you mind please checking my homework?

Even if you just check 1 page I will be so grateful.

Thanks again

https://imgur.com/a/rHVdjzn

Physics news on Phys.org
The only inconsistency I've spotted so far, is in these diagrams. But Your answers may be consistent.
For 6 I might show a few more lines to try to indicate the nature of the field ; in the centre and far away
MagnetismHW.png

In question 10, there is a battery symbol which can help with polarity

The calculations I've looked at so far seem OK, but I've not looked at all.

Attachments

• MagnetismHW.png
    MagnetismHW.png
    163 KB · Views: 652
Merlin3189 said:
The only inconsistency I've spotted so far, is in these diagrams. But Your answers may be consistent.
For 6 I might show a few more lines to try to indicate the nature of the field ; in the centre and far away
View attachment 224875

Appreciate you taking the time to check.

Merlin3189 said:
View attachment 224875

In Q6 do you mean just showing the lines closer together when near the current and further away when father from the current?

Yes. And the curvature of the line midway between the wires.

And in Q10, the second part talks about protons and alpha particles in that device.

Merlin3189 said:
And in Q10, the second part talks about protons and alpha particles in that device.
Not quite sure what you mean?

Also in Q8a is the diagram correct. Should the force be upwards since the current is traveling towards me?

10a asks about the charge on the ions in the device. 10b asks about protons and alpha particles in the device.
The battery symbol is consistent with using protons and alpha particles (which are ions IMO.)

8a I think you have correct. I don't see current towards you - it says west to east.
The field is out of the page towards you (so the other two must be in the plane of the paper), the current is left to right (W to E), so the force must be N or S. You can use whichever rules you know to decide which.

And one of the multiple choice questions I think you have wrong, though other answers show you know what it should be (I think.)

Merlin3189 said:
10a asks about the charge on the ions in the device. 10b asks about protons and alpha particles in the device.
The battery symbol is consistent with using protons and alpha particles (which are ions IMO.)

8a I think you have correct. I don't see current towards you - it says west to east.
The field is out of the page towards you (so the other two must be in the plane of the paper), the current is left to right (W to E), so the force must be N or S. You can use whichever rules you know to decide which.

And one of the multiple choice questions I think you have wrong, though other answers show you know what it should be (I think.)
Yes i have just started noticing this. For
Merlin3189 said:

Ah yes, i think 10a should be A right? (positive ion). As for 8a, i understand it now, thanks!

Related to Electromagnetism homework check

What is electromagnetism?

Electromagnetism is a branch of physics that deals with the study of the relationship between electric and magnetic fields. It explains how these fields interact and how they can be used in various applications.

What is the importance of studying electromagnetism?

Studying electromagnetism is important because it helps us understand the fundamental principles of electricity and magnetism, which are essential for many modern technologies. It also plays a crucial role in fields such as engineering, medicine, and telecommunications.

What are the key concepts of electromagnetism?

The key concepts of electromagnetism include electric charge, electric field, magnetic field, electromagnetic induction, and electromagnetic waves. Understanding these concepts is crucial in solving problems related to electromagnetism.

How can I check my electromagnetism homework?

You can check your electromagnetism homework by first understanding the concepts and principles involved. Then, you can solve practice problems or use online resources and tutorials to check your answers. It is also helpful to seek assistance from a teacher or tutor if you are having difficulty understanding the material.

What are some common mistakes to avoid in electromagnetism homework?

Some common mistakes to avoid in electromagnetism homework include not understanding the concepts and principles, not using the correct formulas, and not paying attention to units. It is important to double-check your work and make sure you understand the problem before attempting to solve it.