Electrical Shocks in Bed: Potential Causes and Solutions

• Thread starter honey18
  • Start date
In summary, electrical shocks in bed can be caused by a buildup of static electricity on bedding materials, such as synthetic fabrics or fleece sheets. This can be exacerbated by dry air or low humidity in the room. To prevent electrical shocks, it is recommended to switch to natural bedding materials, such as cotton or linen, and to use a humidifier in the room. Other potential causes of electrical shocks in bed include faulty wiring, damaged outlets, or faulty electronic devices. It is important to have a professional inspect and repair any electrical issues to prevent potential hazards. Additionally, using a grounding pad or grounding sheet can also help to dissipate static electricity and reduce the likelihood of experiencing electrical shocks in bed.
honey18
Hello Everyone,
My name Yancy and I have an issue that I can’t seem to find help with anywhere else. I believe my downstairs neighbor was transmitting something to send vibration then electrical shocks to me while in bed. I moved from that apartment but my bed still feels like it is holding some kind of electrical current or something and I’m feeling vibration then dizziness, skin pricking and like I am being shocked. My bed is mostly wood, no bed frame and mattress is memory foam. This sensation doesn’t occur when I’m away from home or sitting on other furniture. Thoughts? My first thought is EMF? What can I do to resolve this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Temporarily closed for moderation

Hello @honey18 and welcome to PF!

Unfortunately there is no way for us to even come close to legitimate conclusions. Too many possible factors needed to be considered. What's obvious is, that you describe a certain state of yours which cannot be called normal. Thus we recommend with emphasis to consult a doctor and seek for medical help, simply because it could be something severe which must be treated. The internet is definitely the wrong place to go. Your own assumptions are more than unlikely, so other reasons will have to be considered.

Sorry, but we cannot help you. Any answer must be regarded as irresponsible.
Thread closed.

Likes berkeman, Evo and Bystander