Electrical engineering hw/Resistive Circuits

In summary, the person is struggling with two problems from their homework and has been working on them for 3 hours. They are asking for some insight on how to solve them. The second problem involves F(s), which is (3s+4) divided by s(s+2). They have attached the homework and are frustrated with the first problem. The conversation then turns to discussing whether the source is a voltage or current, and the person believes it is a current. They mention being able to figure out the second problem by themselves but are struggling with the first one because they are out of practice. The solution involves summing currents at the input node and transforming each term to solve for V(s), then finding the inverse transform for v(t
dxs5103

Homework Statement

Im having trouble figuring out these two problems from my home work I've been working on them for 3 hours can anyone give me some insight?

Homework Equations

If the second problem is unclear, F(s) is (3s+4) divided by s(s+2).

Attached is the home work

Attachments

• Hwk5-Problems-EEO271-sum12.PDF
    11.9 KB · Views: 254
Physics news on Phys.org
Please help this problem is extremely frustrating

Is the source a voltage or current? I suspect current ...

source voltage is current, I can figure out the second problem by myself its just the first one is tricky and I am a bit rusty.

Sum currents at the input node. What do you get? Do it in the time domain first if you're not comfortable with transformed impedances.

Then transform each term and solve for V(s), then inverse-transform for v(t). The i(t) and I(s) are obvious ...

Related to Electrical engineering hw/Resistive Circuits

1. What is a resistive circuit?

A resistive circuit is a type of electrical circuit that contains only resistive elements, such as resistors, and operates based on Ohm's law. It allows the flow of current and voltage to be controlled and manipulated through various connections and components.

2. How do I calculate the total resistance of a series circuit?

In a series circuit, the total resistance is equal to the sum of all the individual resistances. This can be calculated by adding up all the resistor values in ohms. For example, if a circuit has three resistors with values of 10 ohms, 20 ohms, and 30 ohms, the total resistance would be 60 ohms (10 + 20 + 30 = 60).

3. What is the difference between a parallel and series circuit?

In a series circuit, the components are connected in a single loop, so the current flows through each component in a sequential manner. In a parallel circuit, the components are connected in multiple branches, so the current is divided among them. This means that the total resistance in a parallel circuit is less than the resistance of any individual component, while in a series circuit, the total resistance is equal to the sum of all the individual resistances.

4. How do I calculate the voltage drop across a resistor?

The voltage drop across a resistor can be calculated using Ohm's law, which states that voltage is equal to current multiplied by resistance (V=IR). So, if you know the current flowing through a resistor and its resistance value, you can calculate the voltage drop. For example, if a resistor has a value of 10 ohms and the current flowing through it is 2 amps, the voltage drop would be 20 volts (V = 2 x 10).

5. What is a Wheatstone bridge and how is it used in resistive circuits?

A Wheatstone bridge is a type of circuit that is used to measure an unknown electrical resistance. It consists of four resistors arranged in a diamond shape, with the unknown resistor connected between two of the resistors. By measuring the voltage across the unknown resistor and using the known values of the other resistors, the unknown resistance can be calculated. Wheatstone bridges are commonly used in electronic circuits for precise resistance measurements.