Electric Motor Specification

In summary, the person has been working on designing an electric low mass vehicle and is looking for a motor that meets certain requirements. These requirements include 1 forward gear, a final drive ratio for the differential of 3.9:1, a maximum torque of 110 Nm at a range of 0ish-3000 Rpm, and a maximum power of 46 kW (62 Bhp) at 5000 Rpm. They are looking for a motor that closely matches these requirements to keep the vehicle's mass down. A potential resource for finding such a motor is provided as a link.
robinfisichel
Ive been working on the design of an electric low mass vehicle. I have some requirements for the motor and was wondering if anyone knows anywhere i can find the specification of a motor that can meet the requirements?

The specs are;

1 forwward gear, Final drive ratio for diff = 3.9:1

Max torque = 110 Nm @ range 0ish-3000 Rpm
Max Power = 46 kW (62 Bhp) @ 5000 Rpm

Obviously the torque and power requirements are low and I am sure a lot of motors can supply this but i want one to match these requirements closely to keep mass down (along with battery mass).

Engineering news on Phys.org
robinfisichel said:
Ive been working on the design of an electric low mass vehicle. I have some requirements for the motor and was wondering if anyone knows anywhere i can find the specification of a motor that can meet the requirements?

The specs are;

1 forwward gear, Final drive ratio for diff = 3.9:1

Max torque = 110 Nm @ range 0ish-3000 Rpm
Max Power = 46 kW (62 Bhp) @ 5000 Rpm

Obviously the torque and power requirements are low and I am sure a lot of motors can supply this but i want one to match these requirements closely to keep mass down (along with battery mass).

Take a look here:

http://electronic-components.globalspec.com/ProductFinder/Electrical_Electronic_Components/Motors

CS

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Electric Motor Specification

What is an electric motor specification?

An electric motor specification is a detailed list of the characteristics and performance requirements of an electric motor, such as its size, power rating, speed, voltage, and efficiency.

Why is it important to specify an electric motor?

Specifying an electric motor ensures that the motor chosen is suitable for the intended application and can meet the required performance standards. It also helps in comparing different motor options and selecting the most appropriate one.

What are the key parameters in an electric motor specification?

The key parameters in an electric motor specification include motor type, size, power rating, speed, torque, voltage, current, efficiency, and operating conditions such as ambient temperature and duty cycle.

How do I determine the size and power rating of an electric motor?

The size and power rating of an electric motor depend on the load it needs to drive. You can calculate the required power by multiplying the load's torque by its rotational speed. The size of the motor can then be determined based on the power rating and the motor's torque-speed characteristics.

What is the difference between AC and DC motors?

AC (alternating current) motors are powered by AC power supply and are more commonly used in household appliances, while DC (direct current) motors are powered by DC power supply and are more commonly used in industrial applications. AC motors are more suitable for high-speed applications, while DC motors are better for variable speed control.