Electric field and potential on a singular spin helix

In summary, the conversation revolves around the calculation of electric fields and potential of a single-cpin helix, which is a line of uniform charge with a radius R and height H. The person asking the question is struggling to verify their calculation and is seeking help from the physics masters. They eventually find the correct solution by integrating the electric field and setting the range between 0 and h. The tricky part for them was understanding where the height, h, came from in the equation.
Char-L
Hello dear physics masters on earth, I am very grateful to be priviliged to ask you a question regarding electric fields and potential of a single-cpin helix. It is portrayed as below.

It is a line of uniform charge, and 1-turn helix with radius R and height H. I have came to ugly answers, and I cannot verify whether I am right or wrong. I'm trying to calculate electric field and potential of a random point, assuming that the field is still applied on the point. I have tried to integrate electric field applied from a segment, which didn't turn out well. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

s.PNG
ss.PNG

Physics news on Phys.org
Why don't you show us what you already calculated?

Likes Char-L
DrDu said:
Why don't you show us what you already calculated?
I actually found out. I had to set V = (k*delta Q)/r and integrate it, setting r as sqrt(R^2 + h^2), setting range between 0 and h.
Acknowledging delta Q = Q/L where L is the length, integration will give same result as given.
A tricky part for me was where h came from on the constant side. I found out that h is equal to L, after drawing that by myself on a water bottle...

Thanks for your concern anyways, and that's how I found the result out.

Related to Electric field and potential on a singular spin helix

1. What is a singular spin helix?

A singular spin helix is a type of spin texture that occurs in certain materials, where the spins of the particles are arranged in a helical pattern. This structure can lead to unique electrical and magnetic properties.

2. How does an electric field affect a singular spin helix?

An electric field can induce a spin current in a singular spin helix, causing the spins to rotate and change direction. This can result in a variety of effects, such as altering the magnetic properties of the material or inducing a Hall effect.

3. What is the relationship between electric potential and singular spin helix?

The electric potential can affect the energy levels of the particles in a singular spin helix, leading to changes in the spin arrangement and potentially altering the material's properties. The potential can also be used to manipulate the spin direction and control the spin current in the material.

4. Can a singular spin helix be used in electronic devices?

Yes, the unique properties of a singular spin helix make it a promising candidate for use in electronic devices, such as spintronic devices. These devices utilize the spin of particles rather than just their charge, allowing for more efficient and versatile electronic components.

5. Are there any real-world applications for singular spin helix?

Yes, there are several potential applications for singular spin helix in various fields, including spintronics, magnetic storage, and quantum computing. Researchers are currently exploring ways to harness and control the properties of singular spin helix for these and other applications.