Electric current and resistace problem

In summary, electric current is the flow of electric charge through a conductor, typically measured in amperes. Resistance is a measure of how much a material opposes the flow of electric current, and is measured in ohms. In a circuit, resistance can be affected by factors such as the material of the conductor, its length and cross-sectional area, and temperature. Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor is directly proportional to the voltage and inversely proportional to the resistance. This relationship is important in understanding and predicting the behavior of electric circuits.
Elisapan622
How did you find PF?
While I was doing my physics homework and I didn't understand a problem about electric current and resistance.
This is a problem I have been strugglying since I don't know if I should work it together or apart
I ask my teacher and I don't know if I listened well but he told me to use the combine resistance and substract it with the restistance of the material.

You build a wire by combining an 8 inches copper wire with a 10 inches nichrome wire. If their combine resistance is 10 kΩ, find the cross section area of both wires. The nichrome wire has twice the area of the copper wire.

Physics news on Phys.org
Elisapan622 said:
How did you find PF?: While I was doing my physics homework and I didn't understand a problem about electric current and resistance.

This is a problem I have been strugglying since I don't know if I should work it together or apart
I ask my teacher and I don't know if I listened well but he told me to use the combine resistance and substract it with the restistance of the material.

You build a wire by combining an 8 inches copper wire with a 10 inches nichrome wire. If their combine resistance is 10 kΩ, find the cross section area of both wires. The nichrome wire has twice the area of the copper wire.
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Please post schoolwork questions in the Homework Help forums. When you start a new thread there, you will be asked for the Relevant Equations (in this problem, resistance as a function of resistivity ane the wire dimensions). You should also use the "Attach files" feature to upload a PDF or JPEG file with a picture of the problem statement.

And you must show your work on schoolwork here before we can provide tutorial help.

Enjoy the PF! :smile: