Envelope Adhesives: How Non-Toxic Adhesives Are Made

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of making non-toxic adhesives and the idea of surviving on stamps if stranded on a desert island. The participants also mention the calorie content of stamps and provide recipes for making homemade glue.
while mailing these archive cds out I wondered how they make non-toxic adhesives.

Engineering news on Phys.org
huh isn't it strange how we just think of these kind of things? Sorry but I don't know how they do...

Who Knows

Maybe it's toxic or maybe it's peanut oil from madagascar. Who knows i usually don't look into these things until it's 3:00 AM and i have nthing to do.

I read once that a stamp (before they were self-stick) had half a calorie.

Greg...
You're not putting Anthrax in my envelope,
are you ?!

Live long and prosper.

Originally posted by russ_watters
I read once that a stamp (before they were self-stick) had half a calorie.

Hey that means that i could surive on stamps if i got suck on a desert island.

Originally posted by Zeth22
Hey that means that i could surive on stamps if i got suck on a desert island.
And had a LOT of stamps. [;-)]

------

It's just a kind a glue. Dried glue that is, gets sticky again when moistened. Usually some type of geletin and sugar/syrup mixture for the non-toxic effect.
Here's some receipes for making your own if you get tired of the mass produced stuff.

http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/recipes/stampglue.htm
http://www.theholidayzone.com/recipes/glue.html
http://www.rubberstampsclub.com/tips/make-your-own.html

I would need the fort knox of stamps to survive for a week.

1. What materials are used to make non-toxic envelope adhesives?

Non-toxic envelope adhesives are typically made from natural materials such as plant-based resins, vegetable oils, and natural rubber. These materials are safe for both the environment and human health.

2. How are non-toxic envelope adhesives made?

Non-toxic envelope adhesives are made by combining the natural materials with a solvent, such as water or alcohol, to create a liquid adhesive. The mixture is then heated and processed to create a smooth and consistent adhesive. The final product is then cooled and packaged for use.

3. Are non-toxic envelope adhesives as effective as traditional adhesives?

Yes, non-toxic envelope adhesives are just as effective as traditional adhesives. They have been tested and proven to provide strong adhesion for sealing envelopes and other paper products.

4. Are non-toxic envelope adhesives environmentally friendly?

Yes, non-toxic envelope adhesives are environmentally friendly. They are made from natural and renewable materials, and do not contain any harmful chemicals that could harm the environment. They are also biodegradable, meaning they will break down over time without causing harm to the environment.

5. Are there any health concerns associated with using non-toxic envelope adhesives?

No, non-toxic envelope adhesives are safe for human health. They do not contain any toxic chemicals or fumes that could be harmful if inhaled or ingested. They are also safe for use around children and pets.