Effective Study Tips for English Class

In summary, the conversation discussed different ways of studying, particularly for English class. It was suggested to treat studying as a sport rather than a job, and to use note-making and reading newspapers and novels for English. It was also mentioned to focus and eliminate distractions while studying, and to approach physics and math as puzzles to solve. Listening to music can also be helpful, as long as it is not too loud.
Larrytsai
hey i just need to know how you guys study, like generally especially for english class. I don't know how to properly study and i don't think i will benefit from the way i study. So if you guys could teach me that would be much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
depends on the capacity of the student...

never take up study as a job..take it as a sport...

note making may be useful..and for english reading a lot of newspapers and english novels shall do a good cause...

physixguru said:
depends on the capacity of the student...

never take up study as a job..take it as a sport...

note making may be useful..and for english reading a lot of newspapers and english novels shall do a good cause...

everytime i try to read its like me sitting there saying the word in my head and doesn't make sense

try to take study as a game...

physix and maths are nothing but puzzles to solve...

listen to music to relax you mind and be calm and composed...

when u r studying ..nothin else should distract ya..

physixguru said:
try to take study as a game...

physix and maths are nothing but puzzles to solve...

listen to music to relax you mind and be calm and composed...

when u r studying ..nothin else should distract ya..

is it a good idea to study and listen to music at the same time?

it has been helpful to a lot people...but the music should not be plugged into ur ears...

light background music is enough...

physixguru said:
it has been helpful to a lot people...but the music should not be plugged into ur ears...

light background music is enough...

okay thnx a lot for ur help

Related to Effective Study Tips for English Class

What are some effective study tips for English class?

1. Create a study schedule and stick to it. This will help you stay organized and manage your time effectively.

2. Practice regularly by reading, writing, and speaking in English. This will help you improve your language skills and become more comfortable using English.

3. Use flashcards to memorize vocabulary words and practice grammar rules. Flashcards can be a useful tool for memorization and quick review.

4. Take breaks while studying to avoid burnout. It's important to give your brain a rest and come back to studying with a fresh mind.

5. Seek help from your teacher or classmates if you are struggling with a particular topic. Don't be afraid to ask questions and get clarification.