Effect of Reactor on Person in 22 kVA Magnetic Field

• Thread starter Sindhutammu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reactor
In summary, if a person comes across a magnetic field produced 22 kva reactor, they may not experience any adverse effects.
Sindhutammu
What would happen if a person come across magnetic field produced 22 kva reactor.? I thought probably nothing will happen. Is it correct or not?? If Yes, Will you have any supportive ans for my question?

Engineering news on Phys.org
The KVA of the reactor does not really define the magnetic field strength. However there are application when people are routinely exposed to VERY high magnetic fields (MRI Imaging is a good example) and no adverse effects.

I did have my credit card magnetic strips erased - they were in my wallet - and I am completely nor..., wait bad example.

If it's iron core the magnetic flux stays almost completely in the iron.
Air core , well it spreads out into surrounding volume.
I worked next to a huge air core inductor for hours. The only effect I noticed is it rotated the display on my CRT oscilloscope.
I can't remember the exact flux - but places in that power plant I could measure 2 volts AC 60 hz with my "Flux Detector", which was just a ten turn coil with area 1/10 square meter . Flux is easy enough to calculate from that.
Next time i'd make it 1/3.77 square meters (or 1/pi for 50 hz).

Last edited:
jim hardy said:
I worked next to a huge air core inductor for hours. The only effect I noticed is it rotated the display on my CRT oscilloscope.
Was that the scope at home after work? :biggrin:

The 'scope recovered as soon as it was out of the area.

But - hmmm ... it wasn't long after that I met my wife, Fair Anne . She said I seemed somehow magnetic...
:-p

jim hardy said:
The 'scope recovered as soon as it was out of the area.

But - hmmm ... it wasn't long after that I met my wife, Fair Anne . She said I seemed somehow magnetic...
:-p

:smile: You do have a magnetic personality. And I like it too. :approve:

Related to Effect of Reactor on Person in 22 kVA Magnetic Field

1. What is a reactor and how does it work?

A reactor is a device that is used to initiate and control a nuclear chain reaction. It works by using a controlled nuclear fission process to release energy, which is then converted into electricity.

2. What is a 22 kVA magnetic field and how does it affect a person?

A 22 kVA magnetic field is a type of electromagnetic field with a strength of 22 kilovolt-amps. It is created by an electric current passing through a conductor. This field can affect a person by inducing a voltage in their body, which can potentially cause side effects such as dizziness, headaches, and nausea.

3. How does a reactor in a 22 kVA magnetic field impact a person's health?

The impact of a reactor in a 22 kVA magnetic field on a person's health depends on various factors, such as the strength and duration of the exposure, distance from the reactor, and individual sensitivity. In general, prolonged exposure to a strong magnetic field can have adverse health effects, including an increased risk of developing certain types of cancer.

4. What safety measures are in place to protect individuals from the effects of a reactor in a 22 kVA magnetic field?

There are several safety measures in place to protect individuals from the effects of a reactor in a 22 kVA magnetic field. These include shielding the reactor and surrounding areas with lead or other materials that can absorb magnetic fields, limiting the duration and intensity of exposure, and implementing strict safety protocols for workers and visitors in the vicinity of the reactor.

5. Are there any potential benefits to being exposed to a reactor in a 22 kVA magnetic field?

There are currently no known benefits to being exposed to a reactor in a 22 kVA magnetic field. In fact, it is generally advised to limit or avoid exposure to strong magnetic fields as much as possible to prevent potential health risks. However, some research suggests that low-level exposure to magnetic fields may have therapeutic benefits for certain medical conditions, but more studies are needed to confirm this.