Eclipse, reflected light, Alternate Universe?

In summary, The speaker recalls a personal experience from 2004 where they saw a figure in their hallway wearing orange pants and a dark upper half. They speculate that it was likely a trick of the light or the mind and caution against placing too much importance on brief, peripheral sightings.
iogi
Personal account

It was 2004. I was looking up stuff on the computer. Where my computer sits I have a relatively clear view of the hallway. Out of the corner of my eye, a figure passes by my hallway. No one was home and this could not have been a substantial human being. The figure had orange pants and a dark upper half. I own bright orange pajama pants and multiple dark hoodies/shirts.

How could this be explained scientifically?

[Edit by Ivan: A number of unsupportable personal theories were deleted. You may share your experience, but only mainstream, scientific explanations, may be considered].

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
It was almost certainly a trick of the light, or the mind. One esp has to be careful about those things seen very briefly, out of the corner of the eye. The brain can play all sorts of tricks.

Related to Eclipse, reflected light, Alternate Universe?

1. What is an eclipse?

An eclipse occurs when one celestial body passes in front of another, blocking its light from reaching the observer. On Earth, we experience two types of eclipses: solar and lunar. A solar eclipse happens when the moon passes between the sun and Earth, casting a shadow on Earth's surface. A lunar eclipse happens when Earth's shadow falls on the moon.

2. How does reflected light work?

Reflected light is a phenomenon that occurs when light bounces off an object and travels in a different direction. This can happen with many types of surfaces, such as mirrors, water, and even some types of plants. The color of the reflected light depends on the color of the object it is bouncing off of.

3. What is an alternate universe?

An alternate universe, also known as a parallel universe or alternate reality, is a hypothetical world or universe that exists alongside our own. It is often depicted as a reality where events and outcomes may be different from our own, and it is a popular concept in science fiction and theoretical physics.

4. Can an eclipse affect an alternate universe?

There is currently no scientific evidence to suggest that an eclipse can have a direct impact on an alternate universe. However, the concept of alternate universes is still largely theoretical and unproven, so it is impossible to say for certain.

5. Are there any scientific theories connecting eclipses and alternate universes?

Some scientists and theorists have proposed the idea that the alignment of celestial bodies during an eclipse could potentially create a portal or gateway to an alternate universe. However, this is purely hypothetical and has not been proven or widely accepted by the scientific community.