Why is the hit counter not working on my webpages?

In summary, The hit counters on ddr's pages are not working and the flashes also do not load. A possible solution is to try adding a counter through the pagebuilder tools on geocities with a Yahoo account. If that doesn't work, it may be necessary to contact geocities and upgrade to a paid package for the counter feature.
Computer science news on Phys.org
Originally posted by ddr
Why do hit counters don't work on my pages?

www.geocities.com/dr_physica/links.htm

Did you try this page:
http://geocities.yahoo.com/v/ao
and click on the "Add a counter to my page" link?

If not try that. You will have to be logged onto your yahoo-geocities account first.

If you did try that, then I would guess their easy-to-use pagebuilder tools don't work all that well, and you will have to contact them.

Also, if you are using the free page, that add-on may not be available to you unless you sign up for the geocities-plus or geocities-pro package that costs money.

What is a hit counter?

A hit counter is a tool that keeps track of how many times a webpage has been visited or accessed by users. It is usually displayed on the webpage in the form of a number or a graphical representation.

Why is my hit counter not working?

There could be several reasons for a hit counter not working. It could be due to a technical issue with the code, incorrect installation or configuration, or the hit counter may not be compatible with the website's platform. It is also possible that there simply hasn't been enough traffic to register any hits.

How can I fix my hit counter?

If the issue is related to technical problems with the code, you may need to consult with a web developer or troubleshoot the code yourself. If the hit counter was not properly installed or configured, you may need to reinstall it or adjust the settings. If the hit counter is not compatible with your website's platform, you may need to find an alternative that is compatible.

Is a hit counter necessary for my website?

The use of hit counters on websites is a personal choice and is not necessary for all websites. Some people may use hit counters to track website traffic, while others may not find it necessary. It ultimately depends on the goals and needs of the website owner.

Are there any alternatives to hit counters?

Yes, there are many alternatives to hit counters such as Google Analytics, which provides more detailed and accurate website traffic data. Other options include website traffic plugins or widgets that can be easily added to your website. These alternatives may also offer additional features and customization options.