Find the dimensions of the rectangular field.

• Thread starter Superman89
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dimensions
In summary, dimensions in science refer to the measurable physical properties of an object or system, including length, width, height, mass, volume, and time. Scientists use various methods to determine these dimensions, which are important for accurate measurements, calculations, and understanding of physical properties. There are three types of dimensions in science: physical, derived, and dimensionless quantities. The concept of dimensions is applied in various fields and in everyday life to quantify and measure objects and time.
Superman89
Help Me Please!

I need help with this problem.

The perimeter of a rectangular field is 60 meters. Its area is 200 square meters. Find its dimensions

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Please help me I beg you!

Show how you have tried to approach the problem.

I need somebody to show me how to do it.

Try not to be lazy.

The perimeter of a rectangle is p=2a+2b=60 meters, where a and b are contiguous sides' lengths. Do you see this? (Drawing a figure would be helpful.)

The area A=200 meters2. In terms of a and b the area is thus equal to...

1. What is the definition of "dimensions" in science?

In science, dimensions refer to the measurable physical properties or characteristics of an object or system. These can include length, width, height, mass, volume, and time.

2. How do scientists determine the dimensions of an object?

Scientists use various methods such as measuring tools, mathematical equations, and experimental techniques to determine the dimensions of an object. These methods depend on the type of object and the specific properties being measured.

3. Why is it important to know the dimensions of an object in science?

Knowing the dimensions of an object is crucial in science because it allows for accurate and precise measurements, calculations, and comparisons. It also helps to understand the physical properties and behavior of objects and systems.

4. What are the different types of dimensions in science?

In science, there are three types of dimensions: physical dimensions, derived dimensions, and dimensionless quantities. Physical dimensions are the fundamental properties of an object, while derived dimensions are combinations of physical dimensions. Dimensionless quantities have no physical dimensions and are often used in equations to relate different physical quantities.

5. How can we apply the concept of dimensions in everyday life?

The concept of dimensions is applied in various fields such as engineering, architecture, medicine, and technology. We use dimensions in our daily lives to measure and quantify objects, spaces, and time. For example, we use dimensions to determine the size of furniture, the length of a road, or the duration of an event.