DURKOOOL DM84-2012-35-5024 Power Relay: Contact DC Voltage & Coil Activation

In summary, according to the data sheet, the contact DC voltage is the rated DC load voltage for the switch. The switch can operate from 16.8 V to 61.2 V DC. Additionally, the power consumption with DC is 0.4 - 0.48 W--assuming that you're using 17V (B1), that's between 23 and 28 mA. Lastly, if the LED does light up initially, but stops soon thereafter, you probably need a ballast resistor to control the current going to it (unless it's designed for 24V operation and already has one inside).
Engineering news on Phys.org
According to the data sheet's first page, it's the rated DC load voltage. That particular switch can operate from 16.8 V to 61.2 V DC at the load.

actually I'm building a circuit as so, it uses a 555 timer to control the relay.
i've done the simulation and it works out fine but when applying it in a real circuit board.
the result are not the same as simulated.

Untitled.jpg

can anyone give me any advice regarding this?

Welcome to PhysicsForums!

What sorts of results are you getting?

My 555 is a little rusty, so on the assumption that you're doing an astable, what's your frequency and duty cycle? If it's too fast, or too low of a duty cycle, the relay won't be able to switch.

Additionally, the power consumption with DC is 0.4 - 0.48 W--assuming that you're using 17V (B1), that's between 23 and 28 mA. I don't believe a 555 is capable of driving that much current.

And lastly, if the LED does light up initially, but stops soon thereafter, you probably need a ballast resistor to control the current going to it (unless it's designed for 24V operation and already has one inside).

EDIT: BAH! You're actually using an NPN to drive--no more late night circuit analysis for me...

The result are not same? What are the differences.
Place an Led in series with 1K resister directly at the output of 555 Timer. That way, you can quickly know whether it is the relays fault or the 555's. By the way, 555's are rated for magnificent 200ma, so you may not require any transistor at all.

I_am_learning said:
The result are not same? What are the differences.
Place an Led in series with 1K resister directly at the output of 555 Timer. That way, you can quickly know whether it is the relays fault or the 555's. By the way, 555's are rated for magnificent 200ma, so you may not require any transistor at all.

i've tested that using a LED, and it keeps on lighting forever =(
the timer should be 40sec on , 4 sec off. but not sure why.
might have fried my 555timer when i hook it up to a 17VDC power source.
i'll get a new chip and try it again.

as for the transistor, I've actually took this from a internet source, still learning my electronics , not my major thou

Yeah, Fried 555 might be the reason. Is it hot to touch?
I think 555 is rated only for about 15 Volts , so you should better use regulators such as common LM7812 for power supplying the 555.
Don't take out the transistor, its necessary here because the relay needs higher voltage (24V) to operate than that 555 is getting (12V).

its funny, if i reduce the first resistor which is R1 to a smaller value it works.
which is from 3Mohm to around 50kohm,

is it possible that both of the resistor must not differentiate too much ?
or is there a limit for the timer?edit: i might found my error, seems like there resistor can only be from 1k to 100k omh ...
does any timer support a much larger ohm ?

Yeah,if you use resister larger than 1Mohm, then the reliability is reduced.
So, you better replace that 3Mohm resister with 300 kohm and switch the 10uf Capacitor to 100uf. You will be fine.

The two reister can be different, no problem there.

Related to DURKOOOL DM84-2012-35-5024 Power Relay: Contact DC Voltage & Coil Activation

1. What is the maximum contact DC voltage for the DURKOOOL DM84-2012-35-5024 Power Relay?

The maximum contact DC voltage for this power relay is 35 volts.

2. What is the coil activation voltage for the DURKOOOL DM84-2012-35-5024 Power Relay?

The coil activation voltage for this power relay is 2012 volts.

3. Is the DURKOOOL DM84-2012-35-5024 Power Relay suitable for high voltage applications?

Yes, this power relay is suitable for applications with a maximum contact DC voltage of 35 volts.

4. How many contacts does the DURKOOOL DM84-2012-35-5024 Power Relay have?

This power relay has a single contact for both the power and coil circuit.

5. What is the expected lifespan of the DURKOOOL DM84-2012-35-5024 Power Relay?

The expected lifespan of this power relay is dependent on usage and environmental factors, but it is designed to last for a long period of time under normal operating conditions.