Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

drop down menu icon missing on chrome browser

karush

Jan 31, 2012
. Screenshot 2020-07-19 at 11.48.08 AM.png

why is the 3 line drop down menu {above the forums tab in the blue area
missing on a chrome browser

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Next time I'm on my PC I'll take a look...

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I couldn't see any difference between FireFox and Chrome...could you show or point out exactly what is missing in Chrome?

karush

Jan 31, 2012
I couldn't see any difference between FireFox and Chrome...could you show or point out exactly what is missing in Chrome?
this is from a tablet the 3 line menu icon shows
2020_08_07_15.03.29.jpg

on Chromebook the the 3 line menu pulldown is missing
appartently the forum tabs cover it
Screenshot 2020-08-07 at 3.05.57 PM.png

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi karush,

Sorry to reply so late, but seeing this thread and my take on this toggle menu which is the three lines in the upper left corner on mobile is that for desktops it's not there by design. This isn't a bug. If you have a large enough screen where the view is like the bottom picture you shared above, you can change the window size to smaller and you'll see it will switch to a mobile design at some point. This is nice for this type of situation as it shows that the designs are dynamic and not just tied to what type of device something is labeled, but that's another topic... bottom line is if I'm understanding you correctly the desktop design lacks the menu on the left that toggles on/off from the three lines.

Here is what I mean from taking two screenshots just now on my very large iMac screen, to highlight the window size can force the mobile version to turn on.
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 6.32.42 PM.png

Now here is the same window but expanded to a normal size for my desktop.
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 6.32.50 PM.png

Do you see the menu going away in the same way as your own devices? Any other details I'm missing potentially? :)

karush

Jan 31, 2012
well I think it should be moved to another place there are a lot of menu items on that pull down

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I'm not following completely... are you saying that you like the mobile toggle menu and would like a similar functionality on the full site?

If so these links and buttons are basically shifted to the notebook tabs on the full site. If you click on the down arrows you should be able to see a list of options. Here is what Forums looks like when clicked and the menu expands.
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 8.26.24 PM.png

karush

Jan 31, 2012
Ok i haven't tried that... As long as it's somewhere

I switch a lot between a tablet and chrome book

Does a full site display on a tablet?