Is Your HP LaserJet M1120 MFP Not Working with Windows 10?

• Thread starter julian
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed the search for a driver for an HP Laser Jet M1120 MFP printer/scanner that works with Windows 10. The recommendation was to check the HP or Microsoft website for relevant drivers. The individual also shared their personal experience with installing HP printers and provided a link to a potential driver. The conversation then concluded with the individual finding a basic scanner driver that worked for their printer.
julian
Gold Member
Looking for a driver for my HP Laser Jet M1120 MFP printer/scanner that works with windows 10.

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Best bet is to check the HP site or the MS site for relevant drivers.

julian said:
Looking for a driver for my HP Laser Jet M1120 MFP printer/scanner that works with windows 10.

Thanks
Here's one of the first hits on the Google search hit list:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...function-Printer-series/3447595/model/3447596
Also, I generally have good luck with HP printers by just making sure I have an Internet connection, and plugging the printer into my computer. The installation usually just happens automagically... :smile:

Likes jedishrfu
berkeman said:
Here's one of the first hits on the Google search hit list:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...function-Printer-series/3447595/model/3447596
Also, I generally have good luck with HP printers by just making sure I have an Internet connection, and plugging the printer into my computer. The installation usually just happens automagically... :smile:

I used to be able to do that. But printer not been printing lately, not to mention how useless the scanner function has been. Some of these websites are really some more involved software that "diagnoses" your computer rather than just providing a simple printer/scanner driver for my printer/scanner that has been around for a while.

Have you tried that HP download link?

The reason the printer had stopped working was a usb extension lead I'd been using wasn't connecting. I've replaced it and my printer is working now.

Found a basic scanner driver that works with my printer.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Likes berkeman

Related to Is Your HP LaserJet M1120 MFP Not Working with Windows 10?

1. What is a driver for my printer/scanner?

A driver is a software program that acts as a translator between your computer and your printer or scanner. It allows your computer to communicate with the device and send instructions for printing or scanning.

2. Where can I find the driver for my printer/scanner?

The driver for your printer or scanner can typically be found on the manufacturer's website. You can also check the installation disc that came with the device or use a driver update software to automatically find and install the correct driver.

3. Do I need to update my printer/scanner driver?

It is recommended to regularly update your printer or scanner driver to ensure compatibility with your computer's operating system and to fix any bugs or issues that may arise. You can check for updates on the manufacturer's website or use a driver update software.

4. How do I install the driver for my printer/scanner?

The installation process may vary depending on the device and operating system. However, most drivers can be easily installed by downloading the driver file from the manufacturer's website and following the on-screen instructions. Some devices may also come with an installation disc that will guide you through the process.

5. What do I do if I cannot find a driver for my printer/scanner?

If you are unable to find a driver for your printer or scanner, you can try using a generic driver that is compatible with your device. You can also contact the manufacturer for assistance or consider upgrading to a newer device that is supported by the manufacturer.